User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  21

Thread: Brisbane Storm 27/11/14

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brisbane Storm 27/11/14

Hope all the APer's in South East Qld faired OK in this ....
    It looked intense in all the videos I've seen

Cargo

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your kind message, I’m sure the locals appreciate the concern of their fellow Forum members.

We watched the BOM Weather Radar and saw the intense cell heading to our suburb but fortunately for us, it swept through a km or so to the west and we were only lashed by the periphery of this violent weather event.

On the news, our State Premier (Campbell Newman) said that he believes it was the worst storm to hit Brisbane since 1985, almost 30 years ago. Even more destructive than the storm that hit “The Gap” (suburb) in 2004.

I do hope that all the Brisbane and SE Qld forum members were not too badly affected; it looked absolutely horrible and frightening on the news bulletins.

Cheers

Dennis

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to hear that Dennis I imagine even being on the edge would have been quite a ride

Cargo

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah. I agree. Hope everyone is OK, and that you did not suffer to much damage in the storm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good here, lots of rather big hailstones so very noisy on our steel roof, sadly not much rain at all 5mm during the evening and 3mm overnight

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you didn't get too much damage Mary Anne .... Shame about the rain

Cargo

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were very lucky – no damage and our 5000 litre water tank filled up. From almost empty (10%) to overflowing in less than 1 hour.

Cheers

Dennis

Ausphotography Regular Nick Cliff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We escaped the hail fortunately where we are. My son in Annerley was hammered though, with hail smashing windows sending the glass flying like a grenade through the rooms on the side hit. For a while the whole wooden Queenslander-style cottage was shaking and flexing, not unlike the feeling of being on a train, he said. It was particularly frightening as the glass and hail exploded into the room and he decided the bathroom on the other side of the house was the safest option.

My son said that after the storm had passed, the post-storm silence was punctuated with the sounds of broken glass being dumped into bins for miles around.

My son and I had decided to finish work early in the afternoon so we could be home in time to deal with the situation - and not get caught in traffic.

Regards Nick.
    Last edited by Nick Cliff; 28-11-2014 at 10:32pm.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife and I drove home in it (the edge) as we got further west the drier it got and we had no rain at home at all.
    Son is a bit further out than us and he copped a downpour too. So we had a cell both sides of us.
    Chins up people, this is Qld.
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh, it was a storm, a bad one but still just a storm. We missed out entirely here not even 10mm in the tank, but I've heard of people getting much much worse than we did, and for once I'm thankful it missed us. We're a tough mob up here, we'll be right.. we've been through two floods in the past 5 years, we can go through this.
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.