Hey guys,

Been a while!

In the past I've gone from a canon kit to Nikon D3 (when I was doing professional work) then to a Nikon D600 with a 24-70 2.8 as my only lens after selling the rest. These days when I get a chance to shoot it's mostly travel photography. Having done two Europe trips with the D600 + 24-70, I'm finding it far too large and heavy. I know people on here would use this setup or more and carry even more lenses on top, but for me it just doesn't work. Photos come out just like I want but at the cost of the weight of it all.

Next year I'm heading to the Philippines for a couple weeks and then and then middle year to Amsterdam, Berlin, Greek Islands, Spain and then over to Colombia (all in the space of 4 weeks, lots of travel and travelling light with a backpack). As such, I need a light kit to go along with me.

Going to an APSC sensor isn't an option. Wouldn't go back from full frame.

This leaves me with an option to go Sony A7, given it's the smallest and lightest FF available at the moment. Stats all look good to in terms of IQ, ISO handling, dynamic range

Anybody made this switch or can provide advice/opinions? I'm thinking of getting the A7 mk2 that was announced this week. The 5 axis image stabilisation looks good. I would basically shoot with 2 lenses. Most of the time a 35mm and probably have a 55mm in the bag. The ability to transfer photos straight from the camera to a mobile phone via wifi means I can easily upload to Facebook & Instagram while on the move overseas, rather than doing what I do now which is take a photo with my camera and then pull out my iphone to take another photo for social media. The EVF isn't that amazing, but I'm not against the idea of using the rear screen for most photos as I would do with an P&S or my phone.

Another option could be my D600 with one or two Nikon primes (and there are far more options at the moment, as well as cheaper), but weight and size is my biggest factor and the Sony does provide a few extra fetures the Nikon doesn't have which I'm impressed with

Thoughts?