I can't remember the form factor that he was interested in, but thought I'd go through the options.

He wants something which can give good zoom, provide great image quality, and lots of functions, similar to DSLR. He would prefer not having to change lenses, he just wants to be able to get great quality prints and photos when he takes the shot.

Based on that, bridge cameras was the thing that popped into my head, and the Sony RX10 was the go - a good standard zoom of 28-200, f2.8 constant, and has one of the best quality images to date for bridge cameras. However, it's expensive.

So a cheaper option which I found and think would be suitable, and probably fit the bill much more is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 - this is the camera I'm thinking of suggesting. Decent image quality between high-end point & shoots, and basic DLSR, 25-600m, constant f2.8, and is half the price of the RX10 (or there about)

But before I make the final call, just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions, alternatives in mind?
Something of a smaller form factor?
Or micro 4/3 cameras, do they have any available which are fixed lens and super zoom?

Thank you in advance.