Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: "New Posts" - cooky problem?

Antipod
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"New Posts" - cooky problem?

I switched from FireFox to Chrome (64-bit) recently. But now it seems I have a cooky problem. When searching for new posts, the site always says "Sorry, there are no new posts to view. You may search for posts updated during the previous 24 hours, here". When I click "here", it shows new posts followed by "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read.".

I tried logging out and logging in again, no change.
    I tried removing the ausphotography cooky after which the site wants me to log in again but no change in behaviour.
    I tried marking everything read and refresh after a couple of minutes. New posts have been posted, but the site still insists "no new posts to view".
    Time seems to be correct (it now is 11:29 local time, this posts shows the right time)

Any ideas?
    Last edited by jev; 11-11-2014 at 8:31pm.
    Ciao, Joost

All feedback is highly appreciated!

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goedendag Joost.
    Might I just ask if you still have FFox installed and whether you have the same problem when using that?
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not something I have heard of before, that the cooky deletion would not have fixed.

Any other Chrome users had anything similar happen?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Antipod
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Might I just ask if you still have FFox installed and whether you have the same problem when using that?
    Firefox still installed, problem does not exist there (nor does it exist with other vBulletin based forums)

I am (wildly and totally unfounded) guessing there is a problem with timezones and winter/summertime (we changed from summertime to wintertime two weekends ago, about the same time I switched browsers).
    Last edited by jev; 11-11-2014 at 9:23pm.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jev View Post
    Firefox still installed, problem does not exist there (nor does it exist with other vBulletin based forums)

I am (wildly and totally unfounded) guessing there is a problem with timezones and winter/summertime (we changed from summertime to wintertime two weekends ago, about the same time I switched browsers).
    You can fiddle with your timezone settings here and see if it changes anything: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...do=editoptions

Antipod
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried that to no avail. Timezone is correct, DST changed correctly - now switched back to summertime but no difference (switching back to "auto" in a minute).

Edit: automatic DST picks up on wintertime, which is correct on the timezone (GMT+1). No change in behavior.
    AFK...
    Last edited by jev; 11-11-2014 at 9:33pm.