User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

Thread: 7D Mk11 Anyone getting a Free Battery.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7D Mk11 Anyone getting a Free Battery.

Had to go to Photo Continental in Brisbane yesterday and while there inquired about the Canon 7D Mk11 I have on order as I am fourth in the queue.
    Told it will be arriving in two weeks that will be nice though time will tell. I was also informed I was getting a free Battery worth $90 so two with that camera I like that
    #1 perhaps its because I pre ordered and paid a deposit, #2 I am a good customer #3 Canon are feeling guilty about us here having to pay $700 more than those in the USA.
    I wonder and wish I had asked Why !!

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photo Continental rang me at 8:45 this morning to let me know that my 7D Mk11 is waiting for me, so I asked about the Free battery.
    The first 20 Cameras sold comes with that extra Free Battery..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know how the new 7d is like. Was tossing up with either the 7d mkII or 70-200. Lens is winning so far

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by celowbe View Post
    Let us know how the new 7d is like. Was tossing up with either the 7d mkII or 70-200. Lens is winning so far
    Guess that all depends what you need the most seeing you already have the 7D do you really need to upgrade to the MK11 ?

I had a little play with the camera this morning so far I like it though I have not used it enough yet to say to much about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you'll love it Mary Anne.
    You'll find the shutter much quieter than the older model.
    Much better for not spooking bugs.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Benny I am liking it very much, I had another go yesterday flowers and Birds with the 70-200 f/4L and 1.4 ex
    That combo at just over 16mts did a great portrait shot of hubby walking in the front gate and a shame he wont let me put it on
    Did not have the last model though do find this camera quieter than the other two Canons I have been using lately
    Saving up for another 7D MK11 one for Macro, one for Bird/Flowers/Dogs and the occasional Landscape.. No FF cameras for me any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes, the crop factor really comes in handy, especially for macro.

I'm having a great time with my 5D3, but you do have to work a little harder to get the right shot, especially with focus.

Enjoy your new 7D2 Mary Anne. It's a great camera.

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was out shooting Macro this morning and very surprised at finding as few Jumping Spiders not much else in the garden sadly its too dry.
    Thank You and yes I am enjoying this camera though finding all those focusing points a little difficult, I will keep at it though

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this the newer battery or the previous battery?
    Visit my Flickr, Facebook & 500px and see my photos.

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the new Battery the LP-E6N and I am not happy with either of the two I got.
    First charge it only took 338 images I did take a few with the camera flash to try it out.
    Second charge 375 no flash used.

Third time I used my five year old one LP-E6 I got with the 5D MK11 I got 448 photos from that one with only one bar of recharge on it.
    If I do buy another Battery for this 7D MK11 it will be the old LP-E6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    This is the new Battery the LP-E6N and I am not happy with either of the two I got.
    First charge it only took 338 images I did take a few with the camera flash to try it out.
    Second charge 375 no flash used.

Third time I used my five year old one LP-E6 I got with the 5D MK11 I got 448 photos from that one with only one bar of recharge on it.
    If I do buy another Battery for this 7D MK11 it will be the old LP-E6.
    Hi Mary Anne...

I was just about to buy a 2nd LP-E6N for my new 7D II when I read of your new battery experience. I still have 2 LP-E6 batteries from my old 7D (sold) and newer 70D but didn't want to swap them through the new 7D II. I've switched off the GPS on the new camera so it doesn't eat the battery and will switch it on when I want to record a location position.. I sat down with the new camera first day looking through all the menus and some time later saw the battery at 60% and not a shot fired.. Maybe the 7D II display is drawing pretty heavily on the batteries too..

I kept records of my original batteries recharging cycles and my original 7D LP-E6 over 4 years old has had 126 recharges and with its mate, shot over 120,000 frames on my 7D. When I sold my 7D last month, the original battery was going strong but only 1 bar showing..

Why would you not want another full frame camera..
    Canon EOS 7D Mk II, Canon 70D, Canon G12, Canon EF-S 15-85mm, EF 70-200 L f4 IS, 580EX II

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Flash I am getting more shots from the Battery now.
    Shooting macro insects for the first time on this camera with twinlite flash yesterday I took note of the total when I picked up the camera as I seen the battery icon was low.

The LP-E6N had 718 on it with a very low battery and I manage to get another 17 shots before it drained bringing it to 735 . So its getting there.

Every time I have used the two new batteries the shots have increased 7 recharges between the two new batteries so far, and I read on line its around 850 on a fully charged battery.
    I took the GSP off the day I got it I dont really need that shooting Birds in the backyard most of the time, though like you if I need it its there.

I can still get over 500 shots on both my old LP-E6 batteries on the 7D MK 11 but its best I leave those for the 5D MK11 as I use that camera more shooting macro.
    I never kept any recharging records of my 40D or 5D Mk11 only the shutter counts, just took the shutter count on the 5D MK11 its on 136,271.
    Tried the 7D MK11 on the same EOSInfo shutter count program and it does not come up..
    Have you taken a shutter count on your 7D MK 11 if so I would love to know how you did it as it will save me time researching and Thanks.
    Maybe it is like my m4/3 camera where I can view the shutter count in the camera menu, that would be nice.

The reason I dont want a FF camera again is I shoot fast insects and Birds, I am not one for Landscapes or portraits.

And Thank You for taking the time to reply to me as I should have updated this, and when I get to that 850 total shots I will put it on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed the battery wasn't lasting as long per charge with the 7D11 as I had expected and wondered why.

D750 Shines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy from the states canon doesnt have an restriction on sales from US to OZ

cheers

Nikon D750,D500,Z6,Coolpix P7700
    Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Tokina 100mm f/2.8, Tamron 60mm f/2 , Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 VC Di, Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4
    FTZ adapator
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually prices in the states are not cheap (I am here at the moment). With the falling AUD, the 7DII from B&H works out to about $2400 AUD. I think you can buy it in Australia at photo continental for around $2100.

There are even bigger differences with the higher end cameras.

Now if were are comparing the price of fuel in Aus compared to US, well that is a different story (price is around 1.60 a gallon / 40c a litre)
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS