The dilemma I currently face is I want to take those GREAT PHOTOS you know the ones where you look at them and say, that is a GREAT photo. I can see them in my head, but don't always achieve this greatness and most of mine look like holiday photos at best. I have a Nikon D7000, it is a great camera in others hands, (I have witnessed this) but I just can't seem to find the most ideal settings or looks for me. Is there one particular setting which is a good one, I am slowly learning the combination of the triangle but the shutter speed is my let down, for me anyway, I just don't seem to understand.

The combination I have is the D7000 a 18mm to 250mm sigma lens and now a 70mm to 300mm sigma lens and the lens that came with the camera which I rarely seem to use which is an 18mm to 105mm Nikon. So looking at all of this you might say I have got the right gear, but really it is then down to the photographer - or in my case the person with their finger on the button. Is there any other combination I need or do I just need to keep practising?