User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11

Thread: Not put any photos up for a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not put any photos up for a while

I know I haven't put up many posts let alone photos for awhile, but things have been a bit tough over the last year or so. So I am just adding a few posts here and there to keep things active plus I enjoy seeing what's happening.

Just a quick over view and not trying to put a sob story, but I have been dealing with my sisters estate over the last 12 months plus my daughters been on Kemo for the last 5 years, My wife just had surgery yesterday for removal of a lump and today my daughter received news that the trial treatment she managed to gain access to isn't working and so the prognoses is terminal.
    So even when I do get to take the camera out, I usually find it difficult to concentrate let alone learn LR or process anything.

So for anyone who may wonder why they haven't seen any photos from me well please be patient hopefully I'll get myself a crank handle for someone to get me started again soon plus I've hardly even been to the club either but should be right next year.

Thanks for reading and understanding in advance.

No obligation to reply just a heads up to where I'm at.

Regards,

Milton
    Last edited by ROA44; 21-10-2014 at 7:29pm.
    Nikon, D750, D5000, 35mm f/1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm kit lens,
    Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, Sigma 120-400mm, Sigma 150-600S, SB-910, Metz mecablitz 58 AF-2
    Manfrotto 680B Mono + 234RC tilt, 055XPROB + 804RC2.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not much we could say in reply to that Milton, that really has an impact on where you, your life, and family are presently. All I can say is take care. Cherish each day.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeez Milton, all the best to you and your family with all that happening.
    Maybe the camera can offer you an hour or two time out each week. Need a theme to think of, ... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...lenges-52-2014
    But that's easy for my to say.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yes it's been a tough stretch with still some to go but we'll get through it. Thanks for your thoughts realize there's not a lot people can say and not expecting people to feel obliged but thoughts appreciated.

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sending a big virtual hug your way.
    Judy
    Canon 5DII, Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM , Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM, Lensbaby Sweet 35, 580EXII, Manfrotto Tripod, CS3 & LR5
    http://www.pbase.com/judyd

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Judy appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry to hear of your story right now Milton. Thanks for letting us know what you are going through. I think we may have met at a zoo meet a couple of years ago in Adelaide. I am a pastor from Influencers church in Paradise and if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to contact me. Praying for you and your family.
    Canon 60D; EFS 55-250mm; EFS 18-55mm; 50mm
    All CC very welcome. I'm keen to learn.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Greg, we did crossed paths and I thought I did recognize you from Paradise. It's been awhile since I've been able to get to field trip with AP but hoping next year will be a lot better.

At the moment we are as OK can be expected and we do have some great friends support through our church which does help thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very sorry to hear about your situation Milton. Wishing you and your family all the best and sending our prayers your way.

Brenden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olympus OM-D EM-1, 12-40mm f2.8, 45mm f1.8, Panny 25mm f1.7

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yesterday saw the closing chapter in my daughters life when she passed away peacefully to be with the Lord. It's been a long hard journey but she always managed to have a smile and encouraging word to all around her and sometimes hard to tell who was going through the ordeal. Still the journey continues and thank everyone for their wishes.

Please understand if I don't reply to for a while.

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My deepest sympathy to you and your family and I hope your faith gives you comfort and courage to get through this difficult period.
    Glenda

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry to hear this, my deepest sympathy also to you and your Family. Take Care Now..

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On one hand, that can and will be a sad thing. On the other hand, there can be peace and good memories.
    Best wishes to all involved.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see that you are willing to share your circumstances Milton, instead of bottling it up inside. And I know there are plenty of support services out there for your situation.
    But sometimes a forum like this is the ideal place to vent to faceless friends, who no doubt hope that you continue being strong and positive for those in your family that need your support.

Please feel free to vent anytime you need to. I am certain all here are willing to listen, and support you when times are tough.

Geoff.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement they are very much appreciated. I had hesitated as to whether to post or not. I hope it isn't against forum rules but have placed her facebook journey page below in the hope that who knows it may help someone else. most of us were surprised at the number who were there (except my sister inlaw who estimated 500-600) well it was close to 500 at her service it was a heart warming encouragement for the families.
    Thank you once again for your condolences I'm not sure when I'll start posting Photos again but will start refocusing again soon (sorry no pun intended). One highlight is we just connected to NBN so hopefully that will stop some speed issues we've been having but now need to fix some computer loading registry issues. I will be regularly looking in and posting a few comments to stay logged in but probably quiet for a while longer, thank you and cheers for now

http://www.facebook.com/SassysFightL...ss?ref=profile

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear this and my condolences to you Milton and the rest of your family. Posting a link to FB doesn't breach any rules whatsoever. Take care!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Rick. Yes I am also aware that I need to post in other forums but a bit awkward to post this on other areas of the forum, but will post a review every now and then.

I have found it difficult to write much over the past few months as everyone can appreciate.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As time passes is supposed to help? If it doesn't and if you need a reason to take a photo and get involved in something, keep an eye out for next years weekly members challenge. http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...BER-CHALLENGES ... just in case you need something to focus on.
    More best wishes.