User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Em1 new to me !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Em1 new to me !

Hi all..just bought myself a lightly used Em1 and after a hiatus from photography after selling all my FF nikon gear I hope I can participate once again at AP..so far I'm very happy with the Em1..early days yet but its a amazing bit of kit so far

.I was lucky enough to get a 12-40 with the body...lovely and light and with the same FOV as my D800 and 24-70 that I used to have ..and at less than half the weight ...so now I intend to take the camera with me more often...once I get a little bag to put it in

anyway I expect ill post here from time to time..and see if I can get some images up for cc or a comp

cheers
    steve
    Cheers and my name is Steve

OMD Em1...Now with two lenses !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_tompsett/
    http://tommo.smugmug.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve,

Welcome back. I also have an E-M1 with a 12-40 lens (among others). My primary camera is a Canon EOS 6D which, although excellent in challenging light conditions, is just a bit bulky to be a "take everywhere" camera. For that, I use the E-M1.

The versatility and compactness of E-M1 with the 12-40 lens is just right. And the sharpness of the 12-40 is mind-blowing. Great for a wander around the city or as a general purpose travel camera. I also like how it synchronises with my iPhone so that I can geotag my photos.

Enjoy your new "toy". ("Toy" is one thing it is not!)
    Cheers

Larry
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Canon EOS 6D | EF 24-70mm 1:2.8 L II USM | EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM | EF 100-400 1:4.5-5.6 L IS | Speedlight 600EX-RT
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mk II | Olympus M.Zuiko DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO | Olympus M.Zuiko DIGITAL 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO | Olympus M.Zuiko DIGITAL 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO | Panasonic LUMIX G Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH | Misc 4/3 lenses