Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Administrator (Site Owner)
    Threadstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatch View Post
    Just a question and excuse my ignorance , with the likes of Digital Rev when you buy a camera and lens from them , are these what is called grey imported equipment with no australian warranty as there price for a D700 and 24-70 has almost got me ordering one right now.
    Yes, some of the site advertisers are 'grey market'. Each member should assess the services provided by any advertiser, to ensure they meet what they want.
    RICK
    Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

www.tassiephotos.com

Cheers guys , thanks for the info .
    Does a one legged duck swim in an eliptic circle

I've had great experience buying off B&H...When dealing with overseas companies, it's always a relief to know the companies you can trust. B&H is one of them! But from now on I will click through Ausphotography to purchase from B&H so commission stays at home.
    DON - Teachable, always learning, always experimenting, just want to know everything I can about photography!

Another shameless plug for Stu at Quality Camera in Perth.

Products that I needed wanted in stock.
    A better price than dealers in Melbourne were asking.
    Delivered to the door 26 hours after ordering and we can't even get overnight delivery of express post from Melbourne.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Protog

+1 for Protog. I bought umbrellas, brackets and stands - great gear, delivered promptly.
    Last edited by Kym; 18-06-2011 at 1:54pm.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

If's and But's get you nowhere rookie's Avatar
    +1 Digital Camera Gear.Good price & good delivery time on monopod swivel head.

+1 for Protog. Bought a softbox kit, great price & quick delivery.
    Tania

CC always welcome http://www.flickr.com/photos/92824653@N08/
    Canon 7d, 450D, 50 f/1.8 II, 85 f/1.8, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS, 100 f/2.8 USM Macro, Tamron 24-70 f/2.8

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin

crazysales.com.au - SINGLE leg monopod

crazysales.com.au

http://www.crazysales.com.au/single-...carry-bag.html

What can I say?
    • It has one leg (they had me worried for a moment)
    • It's light
    • It's cheap (abut 1/10th of the 'frotto price) $17.99
    • It's tall 1.8m
    • It works!
    • It is a bit flimsy/plastic, but as long as I keep my neck strap on it will do what I need
      eg. the head adjustment handle is plastic as is the mount plate
    • Quick delivery

I can't find any multi leg monopods of their site

From B&H, just order my long saved for 60D.
    First time buying anything on w.w.w., so I'm now nervously exited.

Ausphotography Veteran
    My card reader has finally spat the dummy, I have about 60 sunrise shots from this morning and I can't download 'em! Have ordered a Lexar one from Cheap as Chips threough the link here.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Website | My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 40D | EF17-40mm f/4L USM | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Mamiya 645DF | AF 35MM F3.5 D | AF 80MM F2.8 D | AF ULD 105-210MM F4.5 | Leaf Aptus 22 + tripods, flashes, filters etc

Quote Originally Posted by MARK L View Post
    From B&H, just order my long saved for 60D.
    First time buying anything on w.w.w., so I'm now nervously exited.
    No longer nervous, still excited
    60D arrived before lunch today. Including Independence Day holiday in the U.S., from there to regional N.S.W. in less than 6 days.
    Got a good price, linked through AP all round. B&H.
    I'm off to read a manual

Just wanted to say i ordered a box of memory from cheapchips.com.au yesterday... it arrived today as promised. Extremely happy! And yes, they were pretty cheap!

Just bought two sigma lenses through eGlobal. Super quick (3 days) great prices and great after sales service. I highly recomend them.
    Peter

Canon s3is, 2 x 50Ds, Canon 18-55is, Canon 55-250is, ef 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, Canon Nifty Fifty f/1.8,
    Sigma 70-200 f2.8 ex dg os hsm, Sigma APO 150-500 f5-6.3 dg os hsm
    tripod, monopod, 4 didgeridoo's.
    Two million years of evolution and I'm still a Homo ergaster.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mustymustang/

Ausphotography Veteran Speedway's Avatar
    Just tried to order a canon 70-200 F2.8 L is II and 2X III extender through "e Global" and found you cannot order without a landline phone number. The only way round this was with a Pay Pal account but they would not put the payment through my bank account which is my prefered payment method and as I do not have a credit card only a debit card with a different bank it takes 2 business days for a transfer to go through at which time I will be away from my computer visiting my son who is in the Royal Adelaide Hospital with a serious spinal infection. I was hoping to get this lens for an event in a couple of weeks. I'm not a happy camper at the moment.
    Keith.

Administrator (Site Owner)
    Threadstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Just tried to order a canon 70-200 F2.8 L is II and 2X III extender through "e Global" and found you cannot order without a landline phone number. The only way round this was with a Pay Pal account but they would not put the payment through my bank account which is my prefered payment method and as I do not have a credit card only a debit card with a different bank it takes 2 business days for a transfer to go through at which time I will be away from my computer visiting my son who is in the Royal Adelaide Hospital with a serious spinal infection. I was hoping to get this lens for an event in a couple of weeks. I'm not a happy camper at the moment.
    Keith.
    Unfortunately these security checks are due to the increase in fraud over the net. Eglobal are not the only ones who have this sort of protection in place.

it makes things very difficult when you live in a remote area and most people don't have a land line number. I tried to get an answer out of pay pal but their on line help is non existant and just keeps going pound in circles. The online chat agent from e Global tried his best to help.
    Keith.
    Last edited by Speedway; 17-02-2012 at 8:47pm.

Other side of the hill ... WhoDo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Unfortunately these security checks are due to the increase in fraud over the net. Eglobal are not the only ones who have this sort of protection in place.
    There are also some relatively new and stringent Australian controls on financial services companies like PayPal, who now require a full identity verification including home phone (land line) and mobile among other things. I've just been through the hoops on behalf of a non-profit provider I help out with web support and there is no way around the new, more involved verification process.

It's a dilemma as many people like Keith won't pay the price of land line services and rely solely on mobile and satellite coverage.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss...
    D7000 | Nikkor AF-S 18-55 DX 1:3.5-5.6G | Nikkor AF-S 55-300 DX 1:4.5-5.6 G ED | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...
    My Flickr images ...

As a Pensioner the land line is an unnecessary expense that I can do without and my only choices for internet are 1. Dial Up. Super slow, useless. 2. Mobile, only with Telstra, super expensive and 3. Satellite, affordable with a few choices. As for some of the farmers the cost of getting and maintaining the line from the road to the house is prohibitive. There are some around here that still do not even have mains power let alone landline phones.
    Keith.

Other side of the hill ... WhoDo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    As a Pensioner the land line is an unnecessary expense that I can do without and my only choices for internet are 1. Dial Up. Super slow, useless. 2. Mobile, only with Telstra, super expensive and 3. Satellite, affordable with a few choices. As for some of the farmers the cost of getting and maintaining the line from the road to the house is prohibitive. There are some around here that still do not even have mains power let alone landline phones.
    Keith.
    Absolutely. My son is in a similar position and simply cannot pay for a land line that he also cannot afford anyway. Many of his generation are simply ignoring wired telecommunications and everything they do to connect with the world is either wireless or via satellite.

Your dilemma was brought home to me when I was doing my wool classing certificate. The distance some had to pay for land line cables to be extended to their location was just ridiculous. I understand the concept of "user pays" but governments ought to recognise that not subsidising services to rural locations runs counter to their often reiterated desire for decentralisation of populations.

Merry Christmas Everyone. Mary Anne's Avatar
    There are some around here that still do not even have mains power let alone landline phones.
    Sorry to read that Keith and they call Australia the lucky country, you would think they would subsidize landlines for people who live in remote areas.
    Life must be hard for Farmers that dont have electricity connected because of the cost also.. Any wonder people wont move to country areas ?

I ordered seven items from B&H on Monday a 50mm f1/4 lens, 5 diffusers and a 16gb Memory Card
    They would not let me use PayPal seems Australia is not on that list, never had that happen before with other companies.
    Parcel arrived in Sydney very early yesterday morning Friday, estimated day of arrival this Thursday
    I reckon it may get here before that maybe Tuesday.
    My 52/2011 Challenge

I shoot with And Cameras
    4 Macro Lenses

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast