Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ausphotography Site Advertisers

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Unfortunately these security checks are due to the increase in fraud over the net. Eglobal are not the only ones who have this sort of protection in place.
    There are also some relatively new and stringent Australian controls on financial services companies like PayPal, who now require a full identity verification including home phone (land line) and mobile among other things. I've just been through the hoops on behalf of a non-profit provider I help out with web support and there is no way around the new, more involved verification process.

It's a dilemma as many people like Keith won't pay the price of land line services and rely solely on mobile and satellite coverage.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Pensioner the land line is an unnecessary expense that I can do without and my only choices for internet are 1. Dial Up. Super slow, useless. 2. Mobile, only with Telstra, super expensive and 3. Satellite, affordable with a few choices. As for some of the farmers the cost of getting and maintaining the line from the road to the house is prohibitive. There are some around here that still do not even have mains power let alone landline phones.
    Keith.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    As a Pensioner the land line is an unnecessary expense that I can do without and my only choices for internet are 1. Dial Up. Super slow, useless. 2. Mobile, only with Telstra, super expensive and 3. Satellite, affordable with a few choices. As for some of the farmers the cost of getting and maintaining the line from the road to the house is prohibitive. There are some around here that still do not even have mains power let alone landline phones.
    Keith.
    Absolutely. My son is in a similar position and simply cannot pay for a land line that he also cannot afford anyway. Many of his generation are simply ignoring wired telecommunications and everything they do to connect with the world is either wireless or via satellite.

Your dilemma was brought home to me when I was doing my wool classing certificate. The distance some had to pay for land line cables to be extended to their location was just ridiculous. I understand the concept of "user pays" but governments ought to recognise that not subsidising services to rural locations runs counter to their often reiterated desire for decentralisation of populations.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some around here that still do not even have mains power let alone landline phones.
    Sorry to read that Keith and they call Australia the lucky country, you would think they would subsidize landlines for people who live in remote areas.
    Life must be hard for Farmers that dont have electricity connected because of the cost also.. Any wonder people wont move to country areas ?

I ordered seven items from B&H on Monday a 50mm f1/4 lens, 5 diffusers and a 16gb Memory Card
    They would not let me use PayPal seems Australia is not on that list, never had that happen before with other companies.
    Parcel arrived in Sydney very early yesterday morning Friday, estimated day of arrival this Thursday
    I reckon it may get here before that maybe Tuesday.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got round the problems ordering from E Global (not directly caused by them), their online chat help system works well. I ordered the canon 70-200 F2.8L is II and the 2X III Extender this morning and now nervously await their delivery. I have had a few things go astray lately 3 packages from the same company posted at the same time 2 arrived in 2 days the third took nearly 3 weeks. Also auspost's tracking system is useless only telling me my parcel was ready for delivery 3 days after it arrived and no other info on where it had been.
    Keith.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very positive review from of the service and products from JJC Photography as a first time customer.

I needed a lens hood for a Fuji X100s and rather than paying the $90.00 that Fuji want for one I sent my $$ over the net for the JJC variant at $40.00
    The Fuji and JJC hoods on a bayonet adaptor that screws over the lens and also incorporates a 49mm filter thread. Both the adaptor ring and hood supplied by JJC are perfectly manufactured from aluminium and the threads and bayonet mount are very precisely made.

Ordered on Sunday, delivered on Wednesday, the hood and a wired remote shutter switch that I ordered arrived with a free gift of a camera strap that would suit a small bodied camera and has a rather nice feel to it from the neoprene neck contact section.

I can see myself shopping with JJC in the future after viewing some of the gear that they have for sale.

Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark,

I clicked on the 1st page of this thread on the link (http://www.clixgalore.com/PSale.aspx...eras.com.au%2f) . When I was ordering I didn't see any reference to AP in my order but still ordered from the page opened from here.

Thanks AP for providing this page where I found information about the lens, and the link to buy it. I will load the images soon so others can see that lens is not the "best" but it is nice.
    Regards.
    J. Arguello.

Constructive Criticism (CC) is alsways welcome.
    Photography gear: Nikon D7000; Tokina 11-20mm f/2.8; Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6; Tamron A17 70-300mm f/4 - 5.6; Nikkor 50mm f/1.8; Yongnuo 35mm f/2; Neewer 85mm f/1.8; Nikon AW100 ;Canon EOS 300; Tamron 28-105mm; Canon 75-300mm.
    Photo Editing: Nikon Capture NX-D , GIMP ;

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arguelloflores/

Spammer - Permanent Ban Ryan McLearn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I order led light from backdrop source. they suggest to me which is one is suitable to us...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123