Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ausphotography Site Advertisers

Administrator (Site Owner)
    Threadstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkChap View Post
    I was sure, and it seems I am not the only one
    That Servaas Products, who now seem to be Protog were a site sponsor, is this not the case ??

Was looking at some products they have but can get elsewhere for moderatley less so was going to push the business their way to help out here ??
    Jeff is currently rebadging his business and changing the name of it is part of that process. He will be re-launching soon. In the meantime check out the new site : http://www.protog.com.au/
    RICK
    Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

www.tassiephotos.com

Cheers Rick,

I found his site, I was just enquiring as to whether he is still a site sponsor, as that could sway my purchase choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Jeff is currently rebadging his business and changing the name of it is part of that process. He will be re-launching soon. In the meantime check out the new site : http://www.protog.com.au/
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Threadstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkChap View Post
    Cheers Rick,

I found his site, I was just enquiring as to whether he is still a site sponsor, as that could sway my purchase choice.
    Sort of. Jeff and I are presently renegotiating his contract due to the change of company names, website etc. New banner ads are coming, but the old ones are down cause they point to the old business name. Because I have legally binding contracts, we need to finalise it all and get it all re-signed under the new company name etc. But certainly I would not say 'don't buy from him cause he isn't an advertiser", its just that at present its a bit messy.

Most certainly would not - "not buy from him because he is not an advertiser" -

For once I am actually not in any great hurry to spend my money so will probably just wait until you get it all settled and then buy

Sort of. Jeff and I are presently renegotiating his contract due to the change of company names, website etc. New banner ads are coming, but the old ones are down cause they point to the old business name. Because I have legally binding contracts, we need to finalise it all and get it all re-signed under the new company name etc. But certainly I would not say 'don't buy from him cause he isn't an advertiser", its just that at present its a bit messy.

Hi Rick,

Glad I have read this thread. Will be buying a wacom through CSW so shall use the link here.
    "Tis also interesting reading which other sponsers have been used. Shall keep them in my favorite list.

Cheers..Gerry

Just a question and excuse my ignorance , with the likes of Digital Rev when you buy a camera and lens from them , are these what is called grey imported equipment with no australian warranty as there price for a D700 and 24-70 has almost got me ordering one right now.
    Does a one legged duck swim in an eliptic circle

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    @Goatch - with any grey or OS advertiser you need to check the legals on warranty for yourself.
    AP are not responsible.

As I understand things some brands have international warranty on lenses but not bodies.
    Eg: http://ww2.nikon.com.au/warranty.php
    http://www.nikon.com.au/pagearticle....=65-52b9b66212

Per site rule [20] this post does not constitute legal advice

Threadstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatch View Post
    Just a question and excuse my ignorance , with the likes of Digital Rev when you buy a camera and lens from them , are these what is called grey imported equipment with no australian warranty as there price for a D700 and 24-70 has almost got me ordering one right now.
    Yes, some of the site advertisers are 'grey market'. Each member should assess the services provided by any advertiser, to ensure they meet what they want.

Cheers guys , thanks for the info .

When I click on the Sponsors button it now comes to this thread - how do I now get to the list of sponsors page?
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Website | My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 40D | EF17-40mm f/4L USM | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Mamiya 645DF | AF 35MM F3.5 D | AF 80MM F2.8 D | AF ULD 105-210MM F4.5 | Leaf Aptus 22 + tripods, flashes, filters etc

Threadstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    When I click on the Sponsors button it now comes to this thread - how do I now get to the list of sponsors page?
    This is it, at the top is each sponsor and their banner, which if you click them, takes you to their sites

HI Analog if you have some banner blocking app running you don't get to see the banners. Perhaps try a different browser for just that page.

Quote Originally Posted by kexkez View Post
    HI Analog if you have some banner blocking app running you don't get to see the banners. Perhaps try a different browser for just that page.
    I can see the banners OK but there used to be a sort of Index page where they were all listed and I am sure i clicked on the 'sponsors' button up there at the top of the page to get access it.

Threadstarter
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    I can see the banners OK but there used to be a sort of Index page where they were all listed and I am sure i clicked on the 'sponsors' button up there at the top of the page to get access it.
    Nup, it has always linked to this thread, are you scrolling up to the start of this thread?
    Last edited by ricktas; 08-02-2011 at 4:22pm.

Its working ok for me

Nup, it has always linked to this thread, are you scrolling up to the start of this thread?
    Oh Duh! I have mine set at latest post first, sorry folks. Just shoot me!

I've had great experience buying off B&H...When dealing with overseas companies, it's always a relief to know the companies you can trust. B&H is one of them! But from now on I will click through Ausphotography to purchase from B&H so commission stays at home.
    DON - Teachable, always learning, always experimenting, just want to know everything I can about photography!

Another shameless plug for Stu at Quality Camera in Perth.

Products that I needed wanted in stock.
    A better price than dealers in Melbourne were asking.
    Delivered to the door 26 hours after ordering and we can't even get overnight delivery of express post from Melbourne.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Protog

+1 for Protog. I bought umbrellas, brackets and stands - great gear, delivered promptly.
    Last edited by Kym; 18-06-2011 at 2:54pm.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

If's and But's get you nowhere rookie's Avatar
    +1 Digital Camera Gear.Good price & good delivery time on monopod swivel head.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast