Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Canon EOS photo5 2014 ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon EOS photo5 2014 ???

Hello,

Here it is September and I just realised, where is the Canon EOS photo5 2014 competition ?
    I have googled about and found most of the Photo5 pages are now error 404.
    Their EOS blog also seems to be down.

I have asked them on Facebook about Photo5 (no answer).

Does anyone have the inside gossip ?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, speak ill about someone and suddenly they contact you.

Here is their reply

Thanks for your interest and involvement in Canon’s photo experiences. We’re reviewing our programs to take things up a notch from 2015. For now we’ve taken Photo5 offline. We’re still running Photo5LIVE at events such as Vivid and the Digital Show.

We’ve got more to come next year and there’s plenty of inspiration and challenges on offer in Canon Australia’s social channels and new live experiences:

• YouTube: Your hub for ‘How to’ tutorials, inspiring Canon Masters content and product overviews: www.youtube.com/CanonAustralia

• Facebook: Your community to share images, tips and tricks, and hear it first from your team at Canon Australia.

• Canon Collective: Your complete Canon experience. Sign up to Canon Collective events for rare experiences that are bound to open your eyes, challenge you, and create friendships with fellow photographers. Follow the fun online if you can’t be there in person! www.canon.com.au/collective

• Instagram: Your inspiration fix. Discover great photography and get discovered by tagging your photos @CanonAustralia. Also follow the latest from #CanonCollective http://instagram.com/canonaustralia

• Canon Shine: We believe images have the power to change the world. Keep an eye out for #CanonShine in 2015

We hope to see you at upcoming Canon Collective events and online. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    The Canon Team

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you get much personal reward by playing in these Canon places?
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been wondering what has happened this year. When I checked the site last week all the photo5 stuff was still there from 2013 and not a whiff of anything 2014. I'm glad you managed to get an answer out of them. I enjoy the challenge of doing it, so will be disappointed there is nothing this year. Have to find some other challenges to do

Thanks for the information.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I love thinking out of the box and feeding off 4,000 others all trying to outsmart each other and being original with a short deadline.
    I love trying creative new things and it is one competition I made time for.

I did learn a lot from being in the comp.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farmmax View Post
    ..... Have to find some other challenges to do
    If by chance anyone is in Mudgee on Saturday .... http://www.mudgeeguardian.com.au/sto...urday/?cs=1485
    Go on farmax, be challenged.

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photo5 taught me more about exploring my camera and photography than any other methods, that is why I like it so much. It comes right at the wrong time of the year for me, but somehow I always squeeze it in. I'm not sure how. Last year there was nearly murder here when I organised one hour to do one of the briefs that was due that day. 5 minutes into it, someone turned up at my place unannounced, wanting to visit . They were put straight out the gate, and I probably wasn't at my politest.

I knew they had the photo hunt last year, but as I think they went to different venues, and I didn't have transport, it would have been a problem. It looked interesting and challenging.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is funny you say this. It also came for me at the wrong time. My brothers birthday one weekend, the Bay to Birdwood classic and vintage car run the next and then the scout Joti jamboree. I am flat out yet I always found time somehow. It really taught me about trying new things and exploring my camera.