Matt
    CC always appreciated

My Website
    A Blog of sorts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there's one of these in my future. They are releasing a matched 1.4 tele converter as well.
    If its a similar quality to the 12-40 then it will be a cracker.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit more info from a man with questionable sideburns

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2014/0...ro-zoom-video/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good looking camera, that silver Olympus. If I hadn't invested heavily in the Pentax system I'd be looking at the OM-D and those two lenses mentioned.

Regards
    Glen1
    Regards

Glen1

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its looks great Matt and Thanks for Posting its a good combo for the E-M1 and I dont mind my Black camera and the 12-40mm f/2.8 lens.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my hands on a copy on Saturday.
    Here are some pseudo macro samples:

First, very limited impressions:
    Moderate weight and reasonably sized for the focal range but large for m43. It wasn't too heavy for my E-M5. Although very front heavy, your left hand supports the weight so no issues there but I tried it with an E-M1 and it was far better suited due to the extra grip.
    Very well built
    Tripod collar and foot (one piece) comes off but lens needs to be dismounted to do this.
    Great retractable hood
    Very good IQ, around the 75/1.8 levels but I haven't shot enough with it in wide enough scenarios to really get a handle on the rendering.
    Can't really comment much on AF. It was fast but tracking is unreliable on the E-M5. Didn't get a chance to track with an E-M1.
    Can focus to 70cm at all focal lengths. Pretty impressive macro abilities for a non-macro lens.

Didn't get to try the TC.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice and sharp enough at f/2.8 lovely bokeh, close at 70mm. I had a feel of the 40-150/2.8 lens at Photo Continental here in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago
    Tempting especially with the 1.4 TC though the reach is not quite long enough for me as I want to shoot Birds so I will hang on for a while.
    Though Thank You for Sharing they are great images especially as those three Genres are what I shoot.

Ausphotography Regular Nick Cliff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remarkable what Olympus can do with their professional zoom lenses, this sort of performance was undreamt of , really appreciate this information, regards Nick.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mary Anne, it certainly is a sharp lens but I tended to just test the two extremes during my limited play. I really should've given more of the available focal lengths a good work out.
    FYI closet focusing is 70cm to the sensor plane and the lens is about 20cm long so you're looking at about 0.5m for working range.
    Bokeh was generally quite smooth, but a tad 'nervous' in image no.2 of my samples above IMO.
    I think you should take a look at the 300 f4 next year, which also works with the TC
    BTW: the TC only works with the 40-150/2.8 and upcoming 300/4 and not previous m43 lenses.

Nick: Indeed. I'm really quite impressed with what I'm seeing in their pro class m43 lenses which supposedly betters the previous highly regarded SHG lenses.
    If you haven't already seen this page:
    http://zuikopro.olympus-imaging.com/
    Scroll down to see the roadmap of m.Zuiko pro series.

Not that its an apples to apples comparison, I do get the feeling the 75/1.8 is a tad better at the same focal length though, even though its classified in their premium, and not pro range. Must be to do with the lack of weather sealing on the 75mm though, I suspect.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Swifty. I know about the 300mm f/4 would you believe that is the one I am waiting for.
    Good to know that about the TC and previous lenses as I only have the 60mm macro and the 12-40mm I wont need it for them. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a couple of reviews of the 40-150.....with photos...looks like being a great lens
    http://pen3.de/40-150/40-150.html
    http://robinwong.blogspot.ca/2014/10...-pro-lens.html
    Regards

David

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very tempting but this would be the most expensive lens I have bought. Certainly seems good value compared to something like a Nikon or Canon 70-200 f/2.8. My current long lens for MFT is the Panasonic 45-200 f/4-5.6 which is slow in both aperture and focus speed on Olympus cameras. Autofocus isn't that reliable anyway.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm considering getting an E-M1 just for this lens for a lighter backpacking alternative to my canon 70-200 2.8 setup.

Any idea when this will be available in Aus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgo View Post
    I'm considering getting an E-M1 just for this lens for a lighter backpacking alternative to my canon 70-200 2.8 setup.

Any idea when this will be available in Aus?
    November apparently but they say it may be delayed due to higher than expected demand.
    I would suggest Mongo gets the tele convertor too, it should be an awesome combo.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least in Singapore, I've been told by Olympus Singapore that the TC will be bundled on launch. Not too sure about Oz.
    I've also heard launch is pushed back in Sg due to higher than expected demand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    At least in Singapore, I've been told by Olympus Singapore that the TC will be bundled on launch. Not too sure about Oz.
    I've also heard launch is pushed back in Sg due to higher than expected demand.
    It will be available as a bundle here too, or separate if you don't want it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the TC can be had for only $80 extra as a bundle.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I should clarify. I meant that in Sg, you can only get it bundled I was told by the Olympus rep at the preview session I attended. As in you can't get it without the TC, at least at launch.
    But I haven't seen anything official in print, just word of mouth from the rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    Sorry I should clarify. I meant that in Sg, you can only get it bundled I was told by the Olympus rep at the preview session I attended. As in you can't get it without the TC, at least at launch.
    But I haven't seen anything official in print, just word of mouth from the rep.
    It is advertised at my local store in two options, lens only ($1689 ) or bundled with MC14 tc ($1889) , it is of course out of stock at present.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone in OZ got one yet? I have lens/teleconverter combo on order from Cambuy for $1699 which I thought was a great deal.
    Dennis
    http://dwehner.zenfolio.com/

Olympus OMD-E-M1, OMD-E-M1 MkII, M.Zuiko 12-40mm F2.8 Pro, M.Zuiko 40-150mm F2.8 Pro, M.Zuiko 300mm F4 Pro, M.Zuiko MC-14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast