User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Advertising for models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advertising for models

I would like to try some modelling photography.
    I tried advertising for models on Gumtree, don't ask me why I decided to use Gumtree.
    I got an email back from Gumtree to say that my ad had been rejected.
    The reason given was that jobs for acting/modelling could only be posted by people with a registered business email.
    So my question is, has anybody advertised for models, if so in what publication?
    Did you get many/any responses?
    Did you have problems with any papers eg News Local paper.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on where or how to advertise for models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you could look to get in touch with some models via sites such as Model Mayhem which is a websites designed to bring models, photographers make up artists etc together...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    modelmayhem
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is always going to be one issue with seeking "models" and that is, are you willing to pay them for their time or do you want to exchange their time for your images of them for their portfolio a well as yours.
    It s two way street either way, if you agree to supply images to the subject in return for their time ( commonly known as TFP ) most subjects will expect good quality images supplied in a timely manner after the session has ended. If you want an experienced model and are happy to pay them for their time and experience you should expect a polished performance from them.
    Either forms of "trade" are acceptable ways of colluding with subjects but it seems that is a rather small percentage of both models and photographers that are happy in the long run and those gripes usually spill over into ##### fights on facebook.

If you want to photograph on a TFP basis make sure that you can present worthwhile images to the subject and if you are happy to pay a model then insist on seeing previous work they have done to ensure that they deliver value for money.

As another suggestion for resourcing models, have a look at Starnow.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.