Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Adding photos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding photos.

Hello,
    I'm sure this has been asked many times before. As a newbie, not only to Aus Photography but to forums in general, how do I add/upload photos.
    I use Facebook and it is easy to add photos provided the file size is not too large.
    I can not work out how to add a photo or photos to a post. For that reason I haven't used this forum as much as I would have liked.
    I would have appreciated CC on some photos but eventually gave up trying to upload them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah .. it's not all that obvious. When you are writing a message, there is a collection of icons on the top of the message pane.
    Choose the little icon that looks like a tree - about the 13th from the left, second row - and click on that. It should bring up an upload interface.

You can't upload anything bigger than 250 k - I'm sure there are better instructions somewhere - maybe someone else will point you in the right direction?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bob thanks for the reply
    I tried clicking on the icon, got the message to select a file did all and hey presto it works
    Very much appreciated.

thank_you_comment_graphic_01.gif.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Drivermann; 13-09-2014 at 9:08am.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drivermann. It is not that hard at all. Do as Bob said.
    Type up a message like this, in the Quick Reply pane, then click on the "Tree" icon. You'll find it on the 2nd line of icons, near the middle.
    It will give you a choice of inserting an image from computer or from another website.

If inserting from you computer, just make sure you have re-sized the image to suit the AP requirements. If attaching from another
    website, pick a size that is not excessively large, because it will take time for AP to download and re-size it to fit here.

In the Library How To section the first several topics talk about posting or linking to images. You might scroll down to the part
    described here, as it is easier to follow. It has the following heading in bright red:

UPDATE (AUGUST 2011) FOR NEW EDITOR (AFTER SITE SOFTWARE UPGRADE)

The steps are explained there.

Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much, as you can see I was able to post a photo.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where?

OK, sorry. I see you edited your first post. It opened at the post just above this and I didn't see the pics.

Good! Congs.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 13-09-2014 at 9:14am.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told you how easy it was to do it from Photobucket on one of your other posts
    No restrictions on size there or on flickr Good to see you have finally worked it out with Bobs help.

I shoot with Canon And Olympus Cameras

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The photo uploads I have found with Flickr very intuitive however the few attempts to transfer from Flickr to Ausphotography have been very convoluted and a flow chart may be nice that can be printed out prior to downloading ,regards Nick.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On any of the photos hosting sites, Nick, all you need to do is find the BBCode/Forum link and copy it. It usually has all the code needed, including the IMG tags, and then you just paste that entire line of code into your post. As well as Flickr and photobucket there are hundreds of other hosting sites, all have the code, it is just a matter of finding it. Flickr in particular change their screens so often that we have no chance of keeping up with how they change it, everytime. But it really is just a matter of finding the linking codes for an image, and using the BBcode/Forum one.

Our flickr tutorial is here: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...Ausphotography
    Last edited by ricktas; 13-09-2014 at 11:06am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another way to do it , which has been very successful for me to be able to resize images without losing any quality/clarity for posting is to download the program Easy Thumbnails , it's free and allows you to set the sizes to meet the posting limits , you can adjust the Contrast , Brightness , Sharpness and JPEG quality to suit the file size you want easily , and set the max height and width to 1024 pix . That's all I use for all my posted images
    Does a one legged duck swim in an eliptic circle

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatch View Post
    Another way to do it , which has been very successful for me to be able to resize images without losing any quality/clarity for posting is to download the program Easy Thumbnails
    Amen to that! I've been using that program for years, and despite it being an old, basic and frill-free dated bit of software - it does exactly what you want with a minimum of fuss. I've looked at more modern ones, but I come back the this one every time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help, I am not as tech savvy as some , so all help is kindly appreciated ,regards Nick .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an easy program to use Nick and gives you good results