Hi guys. My wife and I last weekend brought out a box of prints of a lengthy European trip we were lucky to take (pre kids!) in the early - mid 80s. We were blown away by the clarity of the shots. They bring everything back in brilliant colour, reminding us of exactly what we saw. And so, I am looking to replicate that beautiful camera in the digital age.

Our camera (I still have it - couldn't bear to throw it away - but it hasn't been used for 20 years) is a CANON AF35M.

We could be driving along, RHD van in a LHD country, see an image we wanted to capture, hold the camera to the interior of the windscreen and, still in motion, point and shoot. Faultless! The manual built-in flash (pre red-eye) was great to about 3 metres. The Canon lens had a ring to adjust ASA, it was fixed 38mm 1:2.8. It is currently set at 200ASA, so I must have chosen that for the northern light. Screwed onto an outer ring is a 48mm Skylight (1B) Hoya filter. Altogether it weighs 500g including the strap.

I don't get much photography done these days. Partly this is due to time and commitments. But also, I have a beautiful CANON 7D and some USM lenses that always seems to be at home when I want them elsewhere! I think if I had an uncomplicated, compact and lightweight camera like my old one above, I would store it somewhere in the car and take it with me often.

Any ideas and suggestions please!?

Bill