Hi everyone,

I have been thinking about having an upgrade of my whole kit for a while now. I feel I may need some better quality lenses to go further in my photography.

I currently own a Nikon D5000 which I bought a few years ago with the twin lens kit(18-55mm + 55-200mm) The 55-200mm zoom has had a focus motor failure, but can still be used with manual focus. The 18-55mm has been overseas with me twice now and is beginning to show it's age as well as a loose rattle type noise inside. It has on occasion missed the mark when focusing and lacks the sharpness I want in certain photos.
I also have my 90mm Tamron, which is doing just fine.

I thought about upgrading my camera to the D7100, but I thought I would get some decent lenses for the D5000 first before spending more money.

I have done a bit of research and looked at what I want. My initial thought was to get 2 Tamron lenses. A 17-50mm F2.8 VC and a 70-300mm F4-5.6 VC USD. Then I began looking at 3 Nikon lenses. A 10-24mm F3.5-4.5G ED, a 35mm 1.8G prime and a 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 ED VR.

Can anyone help, have an opinion on any of these lenses or can recommend any other lenses. The three Nikon lenses cover some good uses and don't cost much more than the 2 Tamrons.

Cheers,

Travis