User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  528
Page 29 of 180 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979129 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Whoo! I just got new gear!" thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tomorrow i pick up my 50mm 1.8 (just in time) and a frotto 680b monopod, i almost have everything i need and barly anything i want, the want list is long and may take a lifetime
    I've done so many things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting. ~Moe, The Simpsons

http://Grae-and-co-images.com/

canon 5dmk 2, some lenses, a couple of sticks to hold them up, a thing that make sun at night, and a sense of adventure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 41jas View Post
    $600 and that's with postage.
    Sounds decent.
    Crumpler 5 Million Dollar + Canon EOS 7D + Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM, Manfrotto tripod
    Previous owned gear: Canon EOS 400D, Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM, Macro Canon EF 35mm f/2, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, Tamron 55-250m, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wallywoo333 View Post
    tomorrow i pick up my 50mm 1.8 (just in time) and a frotto 680b monopod, i almost have everything i need and barly anything i want, the want list is long and may take a lifetime
    Good little lens and having these challenges on here you really get to know it's capabilities.
    Thanks for looking....Cheers,
    Julie-Anne / Julie / Jules / Julesy / JAS

MY ..... MY BLOG..... Feel free to look.
    Canon 40D / 24-105mm L IS / 70-200mm L IS / 75-300mm / 50mm 1.8 / Sigma 10-20mm / Manfrotto tripod / Bits and pieces to fill the bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got myself a back up 30D and some new lenses.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like everyone is getting one. You will love it....just like everyone else says....Good on ya!
    I took it out last night and have to say I love it!
    flickr

C+C welcome and appreciated

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a Syder 3Pro monitor calibrator, about a week or so old now but I have just received the first prints back after purchasing it and it has me wondering why I didn't do it sooner.
    I was very happy with the printing that we were having done as it matched the monitor very well and looked the same as my eyes remembered but after running the calibrator all the images have better blacks, whites and everything in between both on the screen and in the printed form.

It rates right up the top as one of the most useful pieces of photography gear I have seen.

Ordered at 5.45pm AEDST on a Wednesday from Quality Cameras in Perth and arrived here in the Eastern part of Vic. on Friday at about 3.00 AEDST.

The only down side to it is that it is hard to see your pics on the screen with it hanging there.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $600 and that's with postage.
    Where was it bought from? new or second hand? Looking like it will be next purchase too
    d300-d200-sigma70-200-f2.8-tamron 17-50 f2.8-sb-600-sb-800

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up this little devil today. Aiming to give my data some safety.

I store all my photos (and drawings, my primary business is a draftsman) on a server in my offices with a RAID 1 (mirror), but if the building burnt down or the server was stolen then I'd be up the creek.

Enter this handy little device, haha. I will now have a copy at home of all my stuff. I will sleep better at night now, that's for sure.

Adam.

AGSPhotos.com

Using Nikon & PS CS5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality Cameras in Perth are brilliant, i ordered a CopperHill cleaning kit one day and received it the next.

haven't used it yet, but it looks good and covers every possible thing i might need.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yippee, Apperture arrived today! Now I can complete the switch from PC to MAC I hope!
    Ciao, Joost

All feedback is highly appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5D Mark II

Well i am now the happy owner of a 5D Mark II, i was tossing and turning over the decision since it was announced and had planned to upgrade body for a long while now, so at last i took the plunge despite the teething issues with the camera. I'm just having issues with my battery and or charger but will hopefully have that sorted soon. Other than that i gotta say that its pretty impressive and i'm quite happy!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nisstrust View Post
    Well i am now the happy owner of a 5D Mark II, i was tossing and turning over the decision since it was announced and had planned to upgrade body for a long while now, so at last i took the plunge despite the teething issues with the camera. I'm just having issues with my battery and or charger but will hopefully have that sorted soon. Other than that i gotta say that its pretty impressive and i'm quite happy!

I am very happy for you, I hope you enjoy evey bit of it. Hope the battery is resoved soon as well.
    good luck.

Peter
    Any comments and critique always welcome
    Canon 400d twin lens kit & 60d : Canon 580 EX II & 430 EX II Flash | Cokin filters NDG 2,4 & 8 ND 8. + CPL | Sigma APO 150-500 OS DG | Canon 400L Canon 17-40L & 60 mm Macro.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban Zakari's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as big a woohoo as some of the previous post... but I got myself a bargain Nikon D2x... WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a 430EXII speedlite on laybuy today...OOPS!

I love the laybuy terms at Walch Optics...

Uhhh, there is no minimum deposit, just whatever you want to pay, I guess a minimum of a dollar...and you don't have to make regular payments, just whenever, doesn't matter how long it goes for, and you don't have to end up getting it, you can get a refund whenever

Picked it up for $400 even, which was pretty good

Canon 400D | 60mm f2.8 | 18-55mm | 75-300mm| 50mm f1.8 | 430EXII | Photoshop CS4
    Helpful & Honest Critique/Advice appreciated

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyK View Post
    I put a 430EXII speedlite on laybuy today...OOPS!

I love the laybuy terms at Walch Optics...

Picked it up for $400 even, which was pretty good
    \

UMMM. and you picked up an AP Sky Blue Polo...and you are the first to have one in your hands from all the orders so far..So where is the Piccy of your wearing it...HUH?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    \UMMM. and you picked up an AP Sky Blue Polo...and you are the first to have one in your hands from all the orders so far..So where is the Piccy of your wearing it...HUH?
    Oh yeah, that too!

LOL the polo is massive on me I've been at Mark's place all day, and been decorating Christmas cakes, so haven't had time to get a pic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just ordered myself the lens ive been loathing after ever since ive started using a DSLR...

anyone want to guess what it is?
    D40 | Sigma 18-200 HSM, sigma 100-300 F/4, nikkor 50mm 1.8, tamron 90mm 2.8 | velbon sherpa 250R |

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up my new gear about 2 weeks ago.

Canon 50D
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
    Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS
    Canon EF 1.4x Extender
    Speedlite 430EXII
    2x 8Gb Memory cards
    Tripod

The first proper outing for it was last weekend for my Ferrari drive day in Sydney. I will be going out to Eastern Creek for the drag racing over Xmas... unfortunately no Summernats for 2009 though.... I live in Victoria not far from the Great Ocean Rd, so I will be doing a few trips along there to get some good landscapes as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_r32 View Post
    Where was it bought from? new or second hand? Looking like it will be next purchase too
    Sorry ronald, missed this....it was new from Harvey Norman. Did you end up getting one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quinny....your spoilt....lol

Page 29 of 180 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979129 ... LastLast