Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  528
Page 171 of 180 FirstFirst ... 71121161168169170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 3586

Thread: The "Whoo! I just got new gear!" thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... it's here and it is beautiful...Gitzo tripod and RRS ball head and L-plate. Took them down to the beach and while they are (predictably and expectedly) a lot bigger and heavier than my little Sirui setup, the stability and ease of adjustment are truly amazing. The finish on both is beautiful too.

I suspect this will be the last tripod setup I buy now I have the Sirui for travel and serious hikes, and the Gitzo/RRS combo for everything else !
    Pentax K-1, K-3 and some lovely, mostly Pentax, mostly prime lenses - DFA 15-30, 24-70, and 100 Macro, FA 31, 43, and 77 Ltd, DA* 200 & 50-135, DA 12-24, 20-40 (ltd), 15, 21, 35 (Ltd) Macro, 40, 50, plus a couple of manuals from way back and a few others for good luck.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A photo of the new toy in all it's glory. If it was anymore sexy, it would have a centrefold in Marie Claire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New gear.... Hmm

Got my Nikon D5500 to replace my dead D3300 a couple of months back, it came with the new 18-55 "P" lens.
    Got UV filters for all 3 of my lens' a few weeks back.
    Got 2 new 64Gig SD cards a couple of weeks back. (SanDisk Extreme)
    Got a set of 3 auto macro extension tubes a couple of weeks back.
    Got a set of 6 ND filters, 3 full and 3 garduated. 2,4 and 8 ND in each a few days back.

Bought and returned a 500mm mirror lens 2 weeks ago.

Still need a good heavy duty tripod and a larger than 500mm lens. (Donations are most welcome).
    Last edited by deathrox; 12-10-2017 at 12:16pm.
    D5500 18-55 & 55-300mm, Intervalometre/remote, Cokin filters I never use and a pocket Fuji camera 14Mp with 3x optical & my Samsung Galaxy S5

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    A photo of the new toy in all it's glory. If it was anymore sexy, it would have a centrefold in Marie Claire

Looks GOOD ..... Though Sorry MM, I have never found anything Sexy about a Camera

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Gear,

Canon EOS 1D X Mark II - and anew 70-200mm 2.8 to go with it
    But the body has to go back as it has a error
    Last edited by hdn177; 19-10-2017 at 12:11pm.
    Hayden

Canon Collector
    My Flickr

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new gear.. I have the f/4 model and love it.
    Oh that is a shame I do hope you don't have to wait for 7 weeks like I had to when my 7D Mark 11 had a problem when new.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to say I got a wonderful new 500mm prime lens, as well as a brand new 100mm macro lens and I was delighted with my collection and won't need anything new for decades.

Instead, because sadly I just simply don't have the money to spend, I went the cheap route and got this gear;

Andoer 3-piece Macro Extension Tube Set ; first use and I'm pretty happy with the magnification but getting used to manual focus is hard work. Especially because even when I'm down to f/36 the depth of field is still so minimal. It's hard gear to get used to, and has given me a whole new respect for Macro photographers. And I understand why people take 480 photos of a single subject. But the zoom is good... just not really happy at all with the image quality, using my 18-250mm Tamron lens. I'll post photos soon. Funnily enough, these tunes were about $15 and have proved to be the most worthwhile purchase of this lot.

Raynox DCR-250 Macro Conversion Lens ; first couple of uses and it's an interesting thing. Best results seem to be using it with the extension tubes. Main thing is, it's more or less unusable at anything but full extension of the lens. At 250mm there doesn't seem to be any vignette but at around 200mm or anything less, there is a massive ring / vignette around the frame. Alone, magnification doesn't seem as impressive as the write-ups suggest, but with the extension tubes it seems pretty good. Again, as above... my admiration for macro photographers has increased immensely after using this.

2.2x Telephoto Lens ; I don't even know if there is a brand associated with this, but it's apparently a 2.2x teleconverter. I've been using it on my two willie wagtails in the backyard at the moment and on the screen on the back of the camera the photos look pretty good. Elsewhere, not so much. The zoom is far less than I expected (again with my 18-250mm Tamron lens) and unless you're extended to 250mm, there is a massive vignette with this also... but extended to it's full capacity, it seems to be a pretty decent zoom. Not great, but solid. More to follow soon...

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdn177 View Post
    But the body has to go back as it has a error
    The karma of only posting here not much??

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought she who must be obeyed an Olympus TG-870 last year after she dropped her Sony compact and it refused to read memory cards. It was such a sweet camera, I thought I would invest in a pocket camera to take everywhere and have just purchased the Olympus TG-5. Now I have something that can take a little bit of rough and tough, can fit in any pocket and give photos heaps better than my phone.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new gear looks good might look into something like that one of yours Peter its a lot cheaper than a new iPhone.
    I watched a Video of the other Oly camera and that one has lots going for it too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    The karma of only posting here not much??
    sorry cant quite match your 18,565 posts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took advantage of the Fujifilm cashback special and purchased some new toys which include a 16 1.4, 23 1.4, 27 2.8, 56 1.2 and 100-400. Thought it would be entertaining to take a photo of the monster 100-400 on my tiny X-E3 body No doubt it may be a little more balanced with my bigger X-T2 and battery grip.

Last edited by MissionMan; 27-10-2017 at 5:16pm.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    Took advantage of the Fujifilm cashback special and purchased some new toys which include a 16 1.4, 23 1.4, 27 2.8, 56 1.2 and 100-400. Thought it would be entertaining to take a photo of the monster 100-400 on my tiny X-E3 body No doubt it may be a little more balanced with my bigger X-T2 and battery grip.
    Looks good MM and you have save quite a few $$ on them all..
    It does look a monster on the smaller camera..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that is no longer a camera, but a weapon. Looks like hours of entertainment there. Enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The FedEx man's just been.

My new Samyang 12mm f2.8 Steregraphic Projection lens.

Samyang 12mm f2.8.jpg

I'll do a review on it and also the Fisheye Hemi software that I've acquired to straighten out the fisheye effect a tad.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up some new lighting gear today:

A godox AD200 (I have one already)
    AD-B2 to put 2 of them together for 400WS
    Gel filters and a couple of odds and ends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multiple posts, it's been a good time of year for me as I sold some old stuff to buy new gear, but this little item comes complements of a birthday on Saturday as a present from my wife and was surprisingly cheap (A$380). The bottle is there to give size context for those who don't know the X-T2, so yes, it's &#^$#*& huge...

Got a Meikon housing for the X-T2 and 16-55. Only had it in the pool which was pretty dirty from the storms we had in melbourne and the use case will be mainly surf photography. If I do take it into the pool, I will be remembering to take a grey card, white balancing in the pool is atrocious

Last edited by MissionMan; 20-11-2017 at 11:09am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool, I was only just looking at dive housings for scuba diving.
    How much access to the controls do you have with that housing? Its something that concerns me with the fuji retro design if I go that way myself.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy wow! You’re not lying about that housing being cheap. $380 seems incredible.

Every time I’ve looked for our canon 40d or 70d if I’m not mistaken the housing costs two or three times what the camera did. Hence I always opt for “cheap” underwater cameras.

Anyway, awesome purchase. Can’t wait to see some surfing shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opened my Christmas present this year and found a DJI Phantom 3 Standard quadcopter / drone. I had mentioned that I might want to look at drone photography as a sideline interest when I retired but this was totally unexpected. Typically, my present is a tee-shirt, some chocolates and a golf gadget that never works.

Well, this thing is quite daunting. Really has some grunt. I have only flown it in beginner mode, which restricts it to 30 metres from the controller in all directions. There are restrictions as to where you can fly these things (not within 5.5km of an airport and not within 30 metres of people not involved in the filming) and how high (no higher than 120 metres). You might see some photos from me but only after I get very comfortable with the thing.
    Andrew

Page 171 of 180 FirstFirst ... 71121161168169170171172173174 ... LastLast