Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  528
Page 170 of 180 FirstFirst ... 70120160167168169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 3586

Thread: The "Whoo! I just got new gear!" thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right, tell me about the $27 one just after I bought the expensive original.

But credit where due: the Lens Coat on my 500/4 has done close on ten years of hard work and it's still in excellent shape. Doubt we could say the same about a $27 one.

Bensch, I don't think it ought to squirm around. Neither of mine ever has.
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post
    That's right, tell me about the $27 one just after I bought the expensive original.

But credit where due: the Lens Coat on my 500/4 has done close on ten years of hard work and it's still in excellent shape. Doubt we could say the same about a $27 one.

I wonder if they sent Bensch the cover for the Sport instead of the Contemporary.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannin View Post

Thanks Tony

Checking it this morning and all appears well, there was 2 sections that I must have stretched a little too much when putting them on, but it seems to have tightened up now.

Just need to fine tune the fit a little, there's nothing wrong with it, just me being OCD and wanting everything the line up perfectly

Would definitely purchase another one it's a shame they don't do one for my Sigma 70-300

Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post
    I wonder if they sent Bensch the cover for the Sport instead of the Contemporary.
    Thanks Kev

All good, definitely the Contemporary version (unless packaged wrong) all is better this morning, just some minor positioning work needed
    -Andy

All CC is greatly appreciated, the only way to learn is if we share our ideas. I can't be offended, so feel free to share your ideas for improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bensch View Post
    Thanks Mark

I do have a (cheap) monopod, but am saving up for a better one. I generally hand hold the lens, and after a few hours the arms get sore/go numb from carrying it around.

Picked up this shoulder strap and was actually surprised by the quality, considering it was only $29.

Will know more when I take the camera out next, but initial tests show it to be pretty good
    I recently got a black rapid knock off from JB Hi-fi for 15 bucks, works a treat!

Moember formerly known as : Ghostbat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOOHOO Canon 5D MkIV.....now to learn how to use the ruddy thing
    PHOTOS!!!!!! or it didn't happen

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris788 View Post
    I recently got a black rapid knock off from JB Hi-fi for 15 bucks, works a treat!
    Nice

I think later on I will upgrade to one with a pocket, would be nice to be able to carry a spare battery and SD card, without having to stuff them in my pants pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Fettator View Post
    WOOHOO Canon 5D MkIV.....now to learn how to use the ruddy thing
    Very nice

Great piece of gear!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Canon 40D died on Monday at around 10 years and over 141,000 clicks last month, more since then.
    Tuesday Hubby Tony took me to Teds Camera Store at Garden City in Brissie so he could buy me a Canon 80D.
    I rang before I left and asked if they priced matched as DCW although a longer drive advertised the 80D for $1480, and Teds wanted $1599.95
    Yes we will give it to you for that price so I saved just on $120. That's the second time this year I have saved lots of $$ just by asking.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    My Canon 40D died on Monday at around 10 years and over 141,000 clicks last month, more since then.
    Tuesday Hubby Tony took me to Teds Camera Store at Garden City in Brissie so he could buy me a Canon 80D.
    I rang before I left and asked if they priced matched as DCW although a longer drive advertised the 80D for $1480, and Teds wanted $1599.95
    Yes we will give it to you for that price so I saved just on $120. That's the second time this year I have saved lots of $$ just by asking.
    Congrats Mary

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You MM.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, all the best with your new toy Mary Anne

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A great little asset to your collection, Mary Anne...I'm sure you'll enjoy that 'Tilt & Touch Screen' when playing with macro...enjoy.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by feathers View Post
    Yes, all the best with your new toy Mary Anne
    Thank You Richard Yes I will, I haven't really tried it out as yet.
    I need some quite time where I can look at the Menu though I did pop in a Battery and set the time and the date.
    Went out on the back decking before and took about 10 shots they look ok on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    A great little asset to your collection, Mary Anne...I'm sure you'll enjoy that 'Tilt & Touch Screen' when playing with macro...enjoy.
    Gazza Thank You, Yes though I wanted to wait for the next 7D as I love my 7DMK11 so much, though who knows what is going to happen between now and then.
    Not keen on the Tilt & Touch Screen as I prefer the screen on the back where I can see it, though I guess it will grow on me.
    I will give it a go with the macro lens which can be very heavy for me these days, much prefer the light weight of the Oly E-M1 for Macro with all that bending

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not keen on the Tilt & Touch Screen as I prefer the screen on the back where I can see it, though I guess it will grow on me.
    You could open the screen out to the side, rotate 180° and fold it back in
    I leave mine like that all the time so I can check/preview for the highlights alert...have fun

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I leave mine like that all the time so I can check/preview for the highlights alert...have fun
    That saved me a lot of reading Thanks Gazza
    If in doubt read page 34 of the Manual, anyway I know who to ask for Help now
    Lots of interesting tutorials on youtube so maybe I won't have to

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I only fold the screen out when I want to check out highlights and focus when needed.
    I still don't own a mobile phone and am slowly discovering the benefits and uses of the touch screen on the 80D.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sad genie story

Excuse me if this takes a little while but I needed to explain my dilemma. It may seem unbelievable at first:

I was walking through Melbourne, when suddenly I find this lamp on the ground. It seems like a nice lamp but it's a little dirty so I rub it clean and I can can give it to my wife as a present. Suddenly there is a big puff of smoke and this genie appears and he says to me, "I'm the genie of the lamp, you have 3 wishes"

Something like this has never happened to me, so as an incredibly unselfish person, the first thing I wish for is world peace and the genie says "your wish is granted, the whole world is now at peace". I check news website on my phone and there no wars on the front page so I figure it’s legit. The second thing I wish for is an end to world hunger, and he says "your wish is granted, there will be no more hunger in the world". I look around for homeless people because there are always homeless people and I see a homeless guy eating a Big Mac so that pretty much guarantees it’s legit. I'm so impressed that I've changed the world single handedly so the last thing I wish for is an endless credit card where I can buy stuff and my bank account just refills itself, because if I have that, I can buy people stuff they need and I can always help people out.

Given I'm in the city, and the camera store happens to be nearby, I walk into the local store and I buy a new X-E3 on my credit card just to test it out. I'm not greedy, so I don’t buy a GFX. As I am walking out, I decide I better check my bank statement to see how it works because I'm not sure if the magic lamp gives me a never ending balance, or it just gets topped up when I need it. Then I realise, the money has come off my own money so the genie lied to me. I turn around to find the genie and he's tells me he isn't a real genie, he just leaves the lamp lying around and drops smoke bombs to trick people. So I check the news and there isn't world peace, and I see people are still hungry and I realise that the genie was a lying scum-bug and I'm annoyed.

I can't go back to the camera store because there is a restocking fee so I can't return the X-E3 or I lose money.

I go home and the problem now is my wife doesn't believe me about the genie and the lamp, and I have a new camera and it looks like I'm the bad guy instead of the innocent victim of a bad genie scam.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this story .... Good wishes those first 2 MM And enjoy you new camera may it give you many hours of joy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I believe you, Missionman. In fact, I think this same genie might be responsible for me continuously restocking my fridge with beer, using money that I was assured would be reimbursed.

Although, how does that old saying go? Fool me once, genie, shame on you. Fool me four thousand eight hundred and ninety six times, shame on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    I only fold the screen out when I want to check out highlights and focus when needed...
    Sounds Ok, but I got a bit concerned about the wear & tear...plus, I'm a bit heavy-handed at times

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds Ok, but I got a bit concerned about the wear & tear...plus, I'm a bit heavy-handed at times
    I like your idea best Gazza, if I opened mine up to look at things while shooting Macro I would probably break it off bumping into a shrub..
    Or stand on a Snake or something like that, as I have to be alert in our garden at all times

Page 170 of 180 FirstFirst ... 70120160167168169170171172173 ... LastLast