Page 153 of 180 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156163 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3586

Thread: The "Whoo! I just got new gear!" thread

Photo Bizarro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just took delivery of my brand new D800E and 14-24 lens. Feeling just a little bit excited to get this thing out in the field...
    My name is John.
    www.jrfraser.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent last weekend having a play with a new 70-200mm f/4 IS USM L.

I get the feeling that this is going to be a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yongnuo YN565EXII flash

Heard plenty of good stories (relative to its price of just $110 new)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I haven't been able to post in this thread for quite a while... well that just changed!

No longer without an SLR and big lens - looking forward to getting trackside and in amongst some action to test out this kit!

Canon T90, 35-105mm f3.5 Macro, 85-300mm f4.5 SSC, Canon 2x TC, 300TL flash and while I was on a roll why not a VG10 vertical grip for $2 that I can modify to use with this body?

Announcing my return to the action photographies. by mugget, on Flickr

Teh big one!!11!1!! by mugget, on Flickr

For anyone wondering what the heck is this gear that you've never heard of before, it's all Canon FD - 35mm film, manual focus equipment of ~20 year vintage. Why Canon FD? Because it's a steal - most expensive item was the 85-300mm lens at $99 USD... happy days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally upgraded my 30D to a 50D this week, in preparation for a photo workshop tomorrow

Also picked up a 17-85IS USM as part of the deal (.....yay?) after my old one died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nikon 7100 with Tamron 24-70 lens. Happy days....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eso View Post
    Nikon 7100 with Tamron 24-70 lens. Happy days....
    hope we get to see some photos soon then
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Collected a new Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro today. My first purchase of a couple of new lenses that I will be doing over the coming months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a Canon 24-70L F4 IS last week, the day I joined this forum. Just found this thread. What with everything I only got a chance to play with it on Saturday. Very nice lens!!! Feels nicely balanced on my 70D with grip. I found myself using the macro feature a lot more than I thought I would. Although looking at how the lens moves I think the macro mode is more of a variable extension tube as it seems to move the entire lens block. Still really nice photos. I was out at 7am Saturday morning snapping at flowers and the cat. She was more interested in when I was serving her breakfast I think though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got a Fujifilm X100S, so far its a great little camera, couldn't lug my 5DIII around all the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.danielakininphotography.com
    Canon 5D MKIII, Fujifilm FinePix X100S
    Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
    Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
    Canon EF 24-105 mm f/4L USM
    Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
    Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally bit the bullet and got myself some studio lights.
    I didn't like much that was on the market, as I wanted a completely portable set-up but I also didn't want to lug a big, expensive battery pack around with me and I've seen what happens to lights when people kick the wires etc.
    So I really liked the Profoto lights with the built in batteries, but at around $5K a pair, they were too exxy for me - although I know they are superb.
    I found a Chinese copy, more or less and for around $1K for the pair, thought it was worth a go, as I have heard some good reports about them.

Here's a like to see what they look like. They are the Jinbai HD600.
    :https://www.google.com.au/search?q=j...l%3B523%3B540:

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't really used them in anger yet, but from the hundred or so photos I've taken with them, they seem to do a great job and keep their colour balance perfectly.
    I'll be using them at an event later this month and I'll see if you can get 500 full power flashes from the batteries.
    Last edited by Bennymiata; 28-05-2014 at 7:31pm.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered a Samyang 7.5mm for my micro 4/3. Great reviews, great price, will come back and post comments when it arrives

(btw I love that it has a red ring... - wonder how Canon aren't suing the backsides off them )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------
    Olympus OM-1, EM-1, Canon 5DMkII, and a few other bits and bobs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always hesitate to post on this because it's easy for people to get jealous when they see the investment in making in photography but here goes anyway.

I bought my daughter her own camera last weekend. As a 3.5 year old, buying her a piece of high end photography gear may seem like a waste but that's the kind of person I am. I like my kids to have the best.

So, I splashed out and bought her a Barbie camera. It's a high end piece of gear with a 1.3MP sensor. They don't specify the f stop so I'm guessing it's an f1.2 Zeiss built into this $20 piece of state of the art photography gear.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    I'm always hesitate to post on this because it's easy for people to get jealous when they see the investment in making in photography but here goes anyway.
    I'm jealous already. I might have to upgrade to one of these. I suspect it has better low light performance than my current bodies.
    She should have a ball with it.
    If she is like my kids, you'll soon have many photos of door handles, bugs, closeups of people's ears or noses, pet food bowl , the driveway....all wonderfully creative

sent from earth via tapatalk
    Matt
    CC always appreciated

My Website
    A Blog of sorts

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolie21 View Post
    (btw I love that it has a red ring... - wonder how Canon aren't suing the backsides off them )
    Yep, it makes you wonder.
    I always thought the same with Nikon when I saw the gold ring on Tokina lenses.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattNQ View Post
    I'm jealous already. I might have to upgrade to one of these. I suspect it has better low light performance than my current bodies.
    She should have a ball with it.
    If she is like my kids, you'll soon have many photos of door handles, bugs, closeups of people's ears or noses, pet food bowl , the driveway....all wonderfully creative

sent from earth via tapatalk
    Your time will come. It's worth taking the time to upgrade to one of these babies, despite the high cost. My guess is you could get there eventually, but it takes some dedication to save up the money. If you cut out one coffee a month, you should have enough within 6 months to cover the cost.

I've also heard a rumor that sigma is creating an ART lens for the barbie camera so it may be worth waiting until September to see what they come out with then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post

I bought my daughter her own camera last weekend. As a 3.5 year old, buying her a piece of high end photography gear may seem like a waste but that's the kind of person I am. I like my kids to have the best.

So, I splashed out and bought her a Barbie camera. It's a high end piece of gear with a 1.3MP sensor. They don't specify the f stop so I'm guessing it's an f1.2 Zeiss built into this $20 piece of state of the art photography gear.
    You should be ashamed of yourself as a parent. Trying get your own child addicted at such a young age to a habit that will cost her thousands of dollars over her lifetime , cause her sleepless nights worrying about her exposure levels , force her into compromising positions just to get her next shot...... Oh the shame , the shame ......
    The name is Brad ......

OMD EM-1, OMD EM-5MkII, m.Zuiko 12-40mm Pro f2.8, m.Zuiko 40-150mm f2.8 Pro , m.Zuiko 60mm f2.8 Macro, m.Zuiko 17mm f1.8 , Lee Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got an Olympus 17mm F1.8 second hand in basically brand new condition for a very good deal.
    Although it's faster, and I like the manual focus, I honestly think the Sigma 19mm F2.8 is a much better lens in terms of distortion, fringing etc (and it comes with a hood).

I was going to sell the sigma, but I'm not sure now.
    -Gary
    Flickr and 500px
    EM-5 with Olympus and Sigma lenses

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having fun with the Kipon adaptor for my Olympus m4/3 camera to Canon lenses that arrived a couple of days ago. Interesting results

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Page 153 of 180 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156163 ... LastLast