Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  528
Page 14 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464114 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Whoo! I just got new gear!" thread

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifamily View Post
    That will be very interesting Rick. I've seen some great and some not so great using the 2.0 TC, but, dont you have the Sigma 70-200? I did not think Kenko's work on the Sigma HSM lenses. Mine didn't.
    So I discovered, it won't autofocus with the siggy. Luckily I got the TC second hand and didnt pay much for it. Works fine using manual focus though.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    So I discovered, it won't autofocus with the siggy. Luckily I got the TC second hand and didnt pay much for it. Works fine using manual focus though.
    Bugga about the AF with it, the AF works with my Nikon 80-200 but it is much slowed down. The incidence of a good shot with the 2xTC is not high, but I have achieved some great results, more bad than good admittedly It is hopeless for long distance shots covering a lot of ground, but for small birds and the like from 30 or 40 feet away to simply fill the frame it works very well, good for the back garden variety Rick.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I seem to be getting lots of little bits lately, but they all count I suppose.

Picked up a set of 3 Kenko Extension tubes Today. Second hand, but they don't look like they have ever been on a camera.

Whats next -
    Need to organise some lighting now that I can get close to things again. Actually I can now properly test the LED macro light that I have built.

Full Frame - Probably 5D (can't really justify a 1D) and a good 24-105 lens to use with it.
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkChap View Post
    Well I seem to be getting lots of little bits lately, but they all count I suppose.Picked up a set of 3 Kenko Extension tubes Today. Second hand, but they don't look like they have ever been on a camera.
    Whats next -
    Need to organise some lighting now that I can get close to things again. Actually I can now properly test the LED macro light that I have built.
    Full Frame - Probably 5D (can't really justify a 1D) and a good 24-105 lens to use with it.
    How about posting a pic of the led light setup - and ... drum roll ... - a howto make one! That would be cool.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seesee View Post
    Bugga about the AF with it, the AF works with my Nikon 80-200 but it is much slowed down. The incidence of a good shot with the 2xTC is not high, but I have achieved some great results, more bad than good admittedly It is hopeless for long distance shots covering a lot of ground, but for small birds and the like from 30 or 40 feet away to simply fill the frame it works very well, good for the back garden variety Rick.
    Got my white faced Heron shots with the 70-200 and the TC, so as long as I remember to wear my contacts I am fine, otherwise what I think is in focus..well...isn't.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    How about posting a pic of the led light setup - and ... drum roll ... - a howto make one! That would be cool.

I will get onto that early in the week if i can. Got a few personal issues I need to work through first

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have ordered some new bits and pieces, I will post them all once they arrive.

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Light tent and Sandisk card reader turned up today. I'm bloody glad they are! I have 45 parts to photograph for a catalogue going to the printers Friday! I don't have a CF reader at home, and the one in my office machine is slow so I bought the Sandisk reader. It was only about $10 more expensive than a generic so wasn't complaining.

Will give credit to 2 eBay stores, 1800Memory - awesome communication, certified genuine, looks it to me, Infoserver - I thought the freight was a bit expensive, but turns out this thing is quite heavy. Looks to be pretty darn good quality too.

Both items turned up in 1 week from order, and both shipped from an Australian address!

Adam.

AGSPhotos.com

Using Nikon & PS CS5.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLWNHR View Post
    Will give credit to 2 eBay stores, 1800Memory - awesome communication, certified genuine, looks it to me, Infoserver - I thought the freight was a bit expensive, but turns out this thing is quite heavy. Looks to be pretty darn good quality too.
    Sounds genuine, price is about right.

Had a look for Sandisk 8GB SDHC Extreme III $89.89 + $12.99 P&H - got one last week from http://www.photowholesalers.com.au/ over the counter here in Adelaide for $95.

Baulkham Hills, Cumberland, NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    Sounds genuine, price is about right.

Had a look for Sandisk 8GB SDHC Extreme III $89.89 + $12.99 P&H - got one last week from http://www.photowholesalers.com.au/ over the counter here in Adelaide for $95.
    DDP has them for $69.
    Canon user

Baulkham Hills, Cumberland, NSW, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gitzo 5541M Monopod:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My package just arrived:

Giottos Medium Rocket Air Cleaning Kit

Lowepro Thermal Gloves XL (Very sexy)

Lowepro S&F bottle bag

Lowepro sliplock Pouch 10

A good $150 spent I think.

Paul
    Last edited by pgbphotographytas; 26-08-2008 at 1:02pm. Reason: I forgot the images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring the gloves Saturday Paul, I'd be interested in having a look at them. Cheers.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLWNHR View Post
    Bring the gloves Saturday Paul, I'd be interested in having a look at them. Cheers.
    I will do.

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanger32au View Post
    My package just arrived:

Giottos Medium Rocket Air Cleaning Kit

Paul
    i have the same one does the job eh
    Ben

Camera: 7d
    Lenses: Canon 17 - 55 f2.8, Canon 85mm f1.8, Sigma 30mm f1.4
    Flash: 430 exii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay!!!! My new Jill-E bag just arrived!!

Yes, fellas I realise it is a bit girly, but I can fit a surprising amount of kit in there and I'll be able to take it with me when I travel for work (my Lowepro Mini Trekker just doesn't look right with a suit and heels!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Canon DSLRs & lenses | Fuji X series & lenses | Ricoh GR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Yay!!!! My new Jill-E bag just arrived!!

Yes, fellas I realise it is a bit girly, but I can fit a surprising amount of kit in there and I'll be able to take it with me when I travel for work (my Lowepro Mini Trekker just doesn't look right with a suit and heels!)
    OMG, where did you get it from? How much, and how much gear can you fit in it?

I like

Canon 400D | 60mm f2.8 | 18-55mm | 75-300mm| 50mm f1.8 | 430EXII | Photoshop CS4
    Helpful & Honest Critique/Advice appreciated

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, look at all the goodies appearing, you leave this thread for a day and it seems to grow another page.

I reckon since digital cameras hit the market the sales from them and related gear are helping in no small way to keep the economy going.

And yep, this thread definitely works better with photos of the gear.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Amy, I got it from Cameras Direct http://www.camerasdirect.com.au. I love it already!

This is the Small Bone Leather bag which is $198. There are also non-leather ones for $145 and medium size bags in either leather or suede for $249.

The inside is full of moveable dividers and I'm still fiddling with the layout. I managed to fit a lot more stuff than the Jill-E website indicates - so far I have my camera body, 4 lenses (including my Sigma wide angle), speedlight, battery charger and cable, rocket blower, lens cloth, Sensor Sweep, gorillapod, two filters, spare batteries, spare memory cards and remote release.

It's reasonably full with this much stuff in it and if I were planning on walking around with it I wouldn't put this much stuff in as it makes it hard to get the camera out. I'm going interstate for work tomorrow which is why I've put so much stuff in there. Once I get to my hotel I'll remove some of accessories and it will be fine to walk around with.

It also has a padded shoulder strap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Hey Amy, I got it from Cameras Direct http://www.camerasdirect.com.au. I love it already!

This is the Small Bone Leather bag which is $198. There are also non-leather ones for $145 and medium size bags in either leather or suede for $249.

The inside is full of moveable dividers and I'm still fiddling with the layout. I managed to fit a lot more stuff than the Jill-E website indicates - so far I have my camera body, 4 lenses (including my Sigma wide angle), speedlight, battery charger and cable, rocket blower, lens cloth, Sensor Sweep, gorillapod, two filters, spare batteries, spare memory cards and remote release.

It's reasonably full with this much stuff in it and if I were planning on walking around with it I wouldn't put this much stuff in as it makes it hard to get the camera out. I'm going interstate for work tomorrow which is why I've put so much stuff in there. Once I get to my hotel I'll remove some of accessories and it will be fine to walk around with.

It also has a padded shoulder strap.
    Thanks for that Jules

Hmm they are such nice looking bags, and definitely don't scream "CAMERA BAG!!" from miles away.

From what you're saying fits in there, then I might be able to get away with one the same size as yours. Sounds like you can fit a fair bit of gear in there!

Page 14 of 180 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464114 ... LastLast