Page 119 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1969109116117118119120121122129169 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 3586

Thread: The "Whoo! I just got new gear!" thread

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After much heart aching and research I have finally taken the plunge with an upgrade for my cheapo Canon 50mm f1.8. The options were Canon 50mm 1.4, Canon f1.2 (no, not really an option at that price.... ) or the Sigma 50mm f1.4
    The consensus view on the Sigma seemed to be 'fantastic lens, if you get a good copy with no focusing issues'.

I bought the Sigma, my first non-Canon lens, and a big deal considering my L-itis.

What swayed me was 1) a great price from a local walk in store 2) a 7 day no questions return policy 3) the offer from the store for free calibration to my 5D MkII if needed 4) a 2 year guarantee from Sigma. And 5), off overseas soon, so 10% back from the ATO

I used this calibration test when I got it home, and it seems to be spot on so far. Attached a test shot, at f1.4, auto focus on 'manually focusing'

Fingers crossed, now to try it out on some real subjects....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coolie21; 23-09-2011 at 3:15pm.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------
    Olympus OM-1, EM-1, Canon 5DMkII, and a few other bits and bobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canon S95 on the way.

I decided that although the G10 is a great backup, it's still just too big to carry around all the time.
    Alan

Canon 5DII, 40D, some lenses, and some other stuff.

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After many months researching I (this week) purchased a new Sigma 10-20. With the 20 or 30 shots I ahve taken so far I am extremely pleased with the copy I have bought, every bit as sharp as my muched loved 17-50 Tammy and the field of view is amazing. Very happy with the lens thus far.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my wide angle adapter for my 4" filter holder and now have no vignetting at the 10mm end of my wide angle zoom. Even seems happy with the filter holder rotated around 45 degrees too so that is a HUGE difference.

...and another toy for my 4" filter holder, a 10-stop filter. I got the HiTech Pro version which has a gasket around the filter face that stops stray light gettng between the filter and the holder. Seems to work well but haven't given it a proper play. Also seems to be fairly clear of any colour cast - I haven't noticed one. That's a big improvement over my old 8-stopper in Cokin P-series.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassHero View Post
    Canon S95 on the way.
    I just got the s95 as well. I also got a neoprene case off ebay with no pockets, buckles, etc, so is really slimline and I leave the camera in the pocket of my jeans everywhere I go. Really useful portable alternative to the DSLR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I just took delivery of my shiny new pentax K5 with a sigma 50 mm 1.4 attached to it.

Why do they ship them with flat batteries?? it's driving me nuts that I can't play with it yet!!!!
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up the final piece of the Nikon 2.8 Trinity today. 24-70 to complete the set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After two years of hard learning on a Nikon D60, I found it was time to upgrade. I was out-growing the three auto-focus points and fact that my 50mm (1.8) lens required manual focusing (which, despite lots and lots of practice, I rarely mastered. And even when I asked assistance of a far more experienced AP-Photographer - NikonNellie, she found it troublesome also) . After reading many, many reviews and considering my needs - I finally decided that I was going to work my way to a Nikon D7000, which I expected I would be able to buy in July next year, but lucky, lucky me! My wonderful husband and daughter beat me to it and bought it for my birthday this year!! Although my birthday isn't until Thursday, I have been allowed to have a few little plays around with it as one of my best mates is getting married tomorrow and I was desperately wanting to shoot his wedding!! <--- I danced around the house like this when it arrived, my daughter thought that was the thing to do and started doing the same!! Very, very excited and can't wait to give it a good workout tomorrow!! Love you, hubby and daughter dears!!!!
    Better known as Erin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally decided on a DSLR and ordered a Nikon D5100. Should arrive late next week - can't wait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    43mm limited lens to go with my K5.
    Next stop: 100mm macro lens.

Nikon D700 in all it's glory!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a Pentax K-R a few weeks ago with the twin lens kit (18-55 + 50-200).

Now waiting on a FA50 1.4 from eBay. (fingers crossed!)

Most of all, looking forward to 3 weeks off work, and the kids back at school so I can get properly familiar with all this gear!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got me a few goodies:
    Yongnuo YN560 = love.
    Yongnuo RF-603 Wireless Thingies = awesome.
    Monopod that goes taller than I am
    Mini softbox for the flash = mobile sexyness

Also have been carting around and playing with a Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 that my friend loaned me for a while! Hooray!

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just got my 70-300mm lens woohoo so glad it came in time for the V8 races on the weekend.

the poor Fedex man i think i scared him with my enthusiasm of his arrival as i meet him at the door doing this

also got a new tripod(optex) that has a monopod that come out of the middle of it(which is great as i was after a monopod but need a new tripod too after tripping over mine trying to run away from the angry geese that live on the river near me LOL) yesterday and i love that too.
    Mel

Olympus E300,E30,35mm macro,14-45mm,14-54mm,40-150mm,70-30mm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got a Singh-Ray variable ND filter for my Tokina 11-16mm lens.

Seems to work really well, but I'll have to wait for the weekend to give it a try.

Even though it got the thin mount version, it's still pretty thick, but, much to my dismay, you can't put the lens cap on if the filter is on!
    Mind you, if I got the normal version, I would have had vignetting when used with such a wide lens.
    I also orders a step-down adaptor for it so I can also use it on other lenses.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benny how many stops are getting out of it on the tokina, I was looking at something like this, but read you can't get the full 8 stops on UWA lenses.
    Jayde

Honest CC whether good or bad, is much appreciated.
    Love and enjoy photography, but won't be giving up my day job.

Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had much of a chance to play with it, but I did do a couple of little quick tests last night.

It seems that I can get around 7 stops out of it at it's maximum setting.
    The lowest setting is around 2 stops.
    The filter has markings on it, which are not quite 1 stop per mark, but it's close.

I really need to test it out in the sunlight as I was only mucking around with it under lights at home, so the results may not be 100%.

At the widest setting on the Tokina, and putting the filter on its brightest setting, I did notice a little vignetting, but this seemed to go away if I zoomed the lens to around 13mm.

The reason I bought the Singh-Ray was because of tests I have read where other variable ND's gave some poor results as far as sharpness, colour casts etc were concerned, and I am one of those that believe in buying the best one first-off, so I won't have to end up buying 2 or 3 cheaper ones to be happy with the results.
    My thinking was that this should replace 3 or 4 ND filters, and at around $100+ per filter for a 77mm size, getting the variable one cost a bit less and is much easier to carry around than 4 seperate filters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgive me father but Woohoo!

The problem when you take the vow of poverty, you are not supposed to get excited over spending a lot of money.
    It took a lot of effort to convince my superiors (10,000 photos and almost a year of prompting) that for the 'big' upcoming events requires 'better' equipment. And that fact that buying online was going to save about $1000 (of the RRP).

So today FedX delivered my(our) Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG OS HSM Lens and a Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash.

Will post photos after the weekend.

By the way, check out TopBuy for cheap original equipment.
    Br Barry
    Flickr

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] + 18-55WR + 50-200WR + Sigma 17-70 F2.8-4.5 DC Macro
    Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG OS HSM + Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoo...... Just got my Spyder3.... Look out in CC now !!!!!
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a second YN560 flash ($85 Sydney), and ordered 2 more RF-603 wireless transmitters ($45 Sydney).

I now have 3 mini flash softbox's (one I really like [$15 Sydney], the other two I'm just trying out since they were $3/4 each Hong Kong).

http://www.hypop.com/ebay/products/m...nt-small-1.jpg

Ordered a Crumpler "7 Million Dollar Home" bag in Black/Green ($56+$10 ebay) and a Crumpler "Popular Disgrace" Padded Thin Strap ($20 Crumpler.com)!

Hopefully will hold all my gear + more, eliminating me using 2 bags lol
    http://www.diana-jewelry.com/images/2010120602-2.jpg

http://www.richmondcamera.com/v/vspf...tos/780-2T.jpg

Please do not post images that you don't own copyright too.
    Last edited by I @ M; 13-10-2011 at 4:48pm. Reason: Changed images to links due to copyright issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wahooooo... In the last recent days I have gone on a spending spree(much to my wifes dismay) 24-70L 2.8, 100-400L IS, 580exII speed Light, 77mm HD fUV filter and some Insurance on all my kit Now what next is the question.
    Hayden

Canon Collector
    My Flickr

Page 119 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1969109116117118119120121122129169 ... LastLast