Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 3586

Thread: The "Whoo! I just got new gear!" thread

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    Lucky you Andy. I'm definitely going to have to bite the bullet and go mirrorless, especially for birding, looks like I should keep an eye on ebay. Looking forward to seeing your results with it.
    Thanks Glenda, it is certainly a great camera

This is my second M4/3, having picked up the Olympus OM-D E-M10 MkII last year.

Great cameras and small too, I generally only use my DSLR now for birding, as it gives me a bit extra reach.

Haven't had a chance to take anything with the E-M1 yet, but here's a few pics from the E-M10.

Last edited by Bensch; 01-06-2019 at 2:18pm.
    -Andy

All CC is greatly appreciated, the only way to learn is if we share our ideas. I can't be offended, so feel free to share your ideas for improvement.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your new E-M1 Andy... And you are still taking great shots with your E-M10 MK11

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a new E-M1 MK11 for my Birthday in April from my Hubby.
    On Sale and came with the Free HLD-9 Power Battery Holder. Have not tried that out yet.

Also got the Olympus 300mm f/4 lens and 1.4 TC

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    Congratulations on your new E-M1 Andy... And you are still taking great shots with your E-M10 MK11
    Thanks Mary Anne, now just have to wait for a day where it isn't grey and overcast, to give it a shot

I got a new E-M1 MK11 for my Birthday in April from my Hubby.
    On Sale and came with the Free HLD-9 Power Battery Holder. Have not tried that out yet.

Also got the Olympus 300mm f/4 lens and 1.4 TC

Wow, fantastic score!!!

Will be interested to see your shots from the 300 f/4, had that on my wishlist for quite some time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to read on new gear. Like Arthur, I am trying to get more time to take photos, and time to load them.
    I have been thinking on a thread named: The Whoo! I just got some time and I took photos. :P
    Regards.
    J. Arguello.

Constructive Criticism (CC) is alsways welcome.
    Photography gear: Nikon D7000; Tokina 11-20mm f/2.8; Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6; Tamron A17 70-300mm f/4 - 5.6; Nikkor 50mm f/1.8; Yongnuo 35mm f/2; Neewer 85mm f/1.8; Nikon AW100 ;Canon EOS 300; Tamron 28-105mm; Canon 75-300mm.
    Photo Editing: Nikon Capture NX-D , GIMP ;

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arguelloflores/

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Arguello View Post
    Good to read on new gear. Like Arthur, I am trying to get more time to take photos, and time to load them.
    I have been thinking on a thread named: The Whoo! I just got some time and I took photos. :P
    That would be a great thread, has been too long since I've been able to get out

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week I bought myself a Used E-M1 for less $$ than Olympus quoted me at the highest price to fix the Shutter on my E-M1
    I checked the shutter count as soon as I received it on Friday 7,569, on ebay it had around 7000 so that's fair enough.

My other E-M1 is 5½ years old had 83,901 on the shutter last time I looked at it so little, and has been a pain since day one .
    In a way I am glad it's died as I most likely wore it out, the way it has worn me out.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week I bought myself a Used E-M1 for less $$ than Olympus quoted me at the highest price to fix the Shutter on my E-M1
    I checked the shutter count as soon as I received it on Friday 7,569, on ebay it had around 7000 so that's fair enough.

My other E-M1 is 5½ years old had 83,901 on the shutter last time I looked at it so little, and has been a pain since day one .
    In a way I am glad it's died as I most likely wore it out, the way it has worn me out.
    Very nice Mary Anne, a great piece of gear!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bensch View Post
    Very nice Mary Anne, a great piece of gear!
    Thanks Andy Body Only, came with all the usual things, battery and charger a little flash in a bag plus a new strap.
    And all those plastic things that fit on top of the Flash/Hot Shoe.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrific camera, Mary Anne. Congrats.

Mine fell into my lap with two OEM batteries and a 12-50 macro as an open box from JB HiFi for about $700+ in March 2015 ($~1,300 retail at that time). Had to drive across Melbourne to pick it up. Had about 400 clicks on it. Everything but the camera body was still factory wrapped. It's now done about 6,000 clicks. I bought the E-M1 MkII in December 2016.

My MkI had to go back for the dreaded rear wheel failure (and they checked the strap lugs at the same time). Olympus Oz also cleaned the sensor, as it came with pre-installed gunge on it. Only visible in clear sky shots at f/11 and smaller, so not a big deal. All done under warranty. I have a 5 year warranty on this camera.

My E-M1 MkII is my main camera, but the MkI gets regular use. Usually has my f/1.8 25 sitting on it. Very small and light compared with the MkII plus f/4 12-100 Pro. About half the weight.

Enjoy your 'new' camera.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John King View Post
    Terrific camera, Mary Anne. Congrats.

Mine fell into my lap with two OEM batteries and a 12-50 macro as an open box from JB HiFi for about $700+ in March 2015 ($~1,300 retail at that time). Had to drive across Melbourne to pick it up. Had about 400 clicks on it. Everything but the camera body was still factory wrapped. It's now done about 6,000 clicks. I bought the E-M1 MkII in December 2016.

My MkI had to go back for the dreaded rear wheel failure (and they checked the strap lugs at the same time). Olympus Oz also cleaned the sensor, as it came with pre-installed gunge on it. Only visible in clear sky shots at f/11 and smaller, so not a big deal. All done under warranty. I have a 5 year warranty on this camera.

My E-M1 MkII is my main camera, but the MkI gets regular use. Usually has my f/1.8 25 sitting on it. Very small and light compared with the MkII plus f/4 12-100 Pro. About half the weight.

Enjoy your 'new' camera.
    Thanks John I am sure everyone knows all the problems I had with my 1st E-MI it was replaced with a new one, real wheel dial and something else I forget now.
    Then my 2nd one started getting many problems cost me a lot of money .. Hopefully this 3rd one wont have those problems, I will be using it for Macro and as a walk around camera.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geeze! .. I'm so slack.
    near on two months later, and I suddenly remember I got some new gear too!
    Not a lot of time to use it tho.
    Bit of a shame to use it too tho, wasn't expecting it to be in new condition.

Lens is Nikkor 105mm f/4 Bellows lens, production stopped in about 1974 or so.
    This one is one of the last serial numbers.
    Saw it on ebay for a sane price(they can ask for lunatic prices sometimes, and even then they're not in excellent condition.
    This one was rather cheap(considering what others were asking), and it looked in good condition.
    When it arrived, it was in brand new, unused condition.
    Only mark down on condition was that the clear case they come in has a crack down one side. Not broken just a stress crack along it.
    The rest of the plastic case is in new condition too, no scratching, scuffs, etc .. as clear plastic products tend to accumulate with handling.
    Didn't come in a box. My guess is that it sat on a shelve in an old store totally unknown to the owner/operator or whatever.
    Store finally closed down, and all goods were probably auctioned off .. or something else close to that effect.

Anyhow, looks like it just rolled off the Nikon production line!

coupl'a pics:

D800E_DSD_3184.JPG

D800E_DSD_3187.JPG

D800E_DSD_3188.JPG
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to read you are happy with this Lens Arthur especially finding it was in new condition, so enjoy your new toy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy, you need one of these flash pc sync port covers. The E-M1 MkI is not weather sealed without it.

https://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.c...c-terminal-cap

Otherwise, it looks extremely nice .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arthur King, the nikkor lens really looks like new! You found a little treasure. Enjoy it.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John King View Post
    Andy, you need one of these flash pc sync port covers. The E-M1 MkI is not weather sealed without it.

https://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.c...c-terminal-cap

Otherwise, it looks extremely nice .
    Thanks John

Picked up a generic one from eBay recently, but might pick up a couple of the genuine ones, can see that they could easily go walkabout....

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up an Olympus HLD-7 battery grip for my E-M1 recently, which arrived today

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have Fun with that new Toy Andy

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have Fun with that new Toy Andy
    Thanks Mary Anne

The grip and extra battery adds a fair amount of weight to the camera, but hopefully, the increase will result in a significant increase to battery life.

The E-M1 seems to like batteries like I like chocolate (a lot )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it sure does, Andy. The E-M1 MkII has a much higher capacity battery. Haven't had a day yet when one doesn't last all day (I always carry a spare ... ). Depends on shooting style too. The battery will last about 2.5 hours regardless of one shot or two thousand. All Mirrorless cameras are similar in their battery hunger. One learns to use the power switch ...

Page 174 of 180 FirstFirst ... 74124164171172173174175176177 ... LastLast