User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Payment approach for corporate images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payment approach for corporate images

For weddings and portraits, I require payment of a deposit in advance and the balance usually one week before, or sometimes on the day (for portrait sessions only).

However, I was wondering how people approached payment for corporate photography? Do you require payment only after delivery of the image/s?

Thanks.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sufran View Post
    For weddings and portraits, I require payment of a deposit in advance and the balance usually one week before, or sometimes on the day (for portrait sessions only). However, I was wondering how people approached payment for corporate photography? Do you require payment only after delivery of the image/s?
    My response assumes we are discussing “Corporate Portraiture”.

For Corporate Portraiture, it depends on the Client and also how much one wants the job. I don’t know what the climate is like in the world of Corporate Portraiture in Queensland, but the small to medium businesses that would normally and have regular shoots for brochures etc and/or hang a gallery of portraits – and regularly renew them, seem not to be spending as much money for quality work these days down here; so negotiation and flexibility during the selling process is always something to keep in your mind, if you want the job.

Most usually will argue for payment on delivery, but I require payment to shoot with any new Clients: and I will indeed walk, if a new small business client does agree to that request. Note that is NOT a "deposit" as you have written but rather it is a payment to lock in a time and date and to arrive with all the gear to shoot the session. That payment might include the fee for the images/prints also, that’s a point of negotiation and suitability for each individual job.

However, some larger corporations and some government departments have a system for an invoice to be processed and paid later – that’s really a judgement that I make, based on a case by case basis and how experienced the Client is to Corporate Portraiture shoots (and their diligence for paying).

If you are looking at a Small Business Client and/or one that is not very experienced with Corporate Portraiture, then I’d suggest that you really do get payment to shoot.

If you are asking generally about “Commercial Photography” then please provide more details of the particular shoot.

WW