User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: I seem to have a serious problem !

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to have a serious problem !

I've just watched Crocodile Dundee for about the fifth or sixth time, and thoroughly enjoyed it, again.

Do I need help?

Or am I just re-connecting with my ocker roots?

- - - Updated - - -

And it's getting worse.

I'm now watching a doco on ABC about Queen, including their Live Aid appearance, how brilliant !!
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oz head of state. Mick or Liz?

Still in the Circle of Confusion
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maaate, no brainer.

Mick all the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG I just spent/am spending my evening doing the exact same as you!! I guess we are both reconnecting with our ocker roots and old rocker roots My fav all time scene form Croc Dundee is still the knife sceneand Queen is my all time fav band

- - - Updated - - -

...........apart from David Bowie and any of his bands over the years
    Last edited by ktoopi; 19-07-2014 at 11:23pm.
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Still in the Circle of Confusion
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoopi View Post
    OMG I just spent/am spending my evening doing the exact same as you!! I guess we are both reconnecting with our ocker roots and old rocker roots My fav all time scene form Croc Dundee is still the knife sceneand Queen is my all time fav band

- - - Updated - - -

...........apart from David Bowie and any of his bands over the years
    The 'knife' scene has almost become iconic.

But my favourite is when Nev, in the dark, in the scrub, in full corroboree paint, is grabbed by Mick and says "Geez Mick, you scared sh!t out of me" or something close.

I guess the movie was popular because of it's rather naive look at the laid back aussie, which I think about 80% of the population can identify with.

And Queen, well, there's another story. I became a fan in the early seventies when homophobia was rampant, and I got pissed off with having to explain to my friends that I could love their music without having gay tendencies.

YES, I LOVE QUEEN'S MUSIC, SO THERE !!!!

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who couldn't love Queen, so many great songs. I always reckon their "I want it all and I want it now" should be every teenagers anthem. My sons were first introduced to them through the movie"Waynes World" which featured Bohemian Rhapsody and Freddy Mercury is still the king in Zanzibar.

I remember being slightly disappointed the first time I saw Croc Dundee - mainly because the shorts they were showing to advertise it contained so many of the best jokes. Have seen it heaps of times now but skipped it the other night.
    Glenda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry Kevin but you do need help. I was offered free tickets to see him at the Civic....nah thanx. Hope you get better..
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite scene in Croc Dundee is when Linda Kozlowski is bending down at the water hole.
    i watched the Queen doco too, and thoroughly enjoyed it. My 15 year old son and aspiring bass-player watched it and I think he may have been slightly in awe of the crowd sizes.

Regards
    Glen1
    Regards

Glen1

Ausphotography Regular Nick Cliff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cage ,you have great taste and you dont need counselling. Regarding Queen I have a feeling they are heading down under shortly for a tour ,one of the bands that stand the test of time,of course I would only be interested in the photo opportunities,regards Nick.
    Last edited by Nick Cliff; 20-07-2014 at 10:51am.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So what was the scene in the movie where David G. says to Mick, "you can't take a photo of me.' ...........