Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Big Red Bash

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Red Bash

Hi, We have been on the move again and heading west through qld where we met some people at an overnight campsite near Windorah and decided we would all attend the big red bash just west of Birdsville the next weekend.
    Here are a couple of pics of the event which was held to raise money for type 1 diabetes and held at the base of big red a particularly large sand dune on the fringe of the Simpson Desert. After nightfall the sand dune was lit up with coloured lights.
    the artists included john Williamson, Kasey Chambers and a supergroup comprising Daryll Braithwaite, ross Wilson, James Reyne and Joe Camerleri. Although quite chilly at night it was a great 2 day event.

Big Red Bash 1.jpg

Big Red Bash 3.jpg

Big Red Bash 2.jpg
    Cheers Gayle & Colin

Give Life your Best Shot.
    http://flickr.com/photos/2blooms/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it was a fantastic event! My husband would have given anything to see some of those performers......he's a country music fan. I've been on top of that sand dune at the end of our Simpson Desert Crossing in 2003
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great place for the event.I like shot 3. Would love to be there next year.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The things you come across when your out n about. Good luck to you and thanks for the photos. Interesting.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martycon View Post
    What a great place for the event.I like shot 3. Would love to be there next year.
    Hi Martycon yes, it was a great event in a spectacular location, and hopefully we will make it again next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like a great looking avent to go to ;; id be slideing down those dunes i recon