User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Tonight's (Sunday 6th July 2014) Photo of the Week: additional information and extra rule

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tonight's (Sunday 6th July 2014) Photo of the Week: additional information and extra rule

Hi everyone,

For the Photo of the Week beginning this evening (Comp #420) we have decided to post giving you more information.

The theme this week is going to be PANORAMIC Photography.

EXTRA RULE: As such, panoramic photos are generally deemed those with a proportional ratio of 2:1 or greater. This means that your entry must be twice (or more) longer than it is high, or for vertical panoramic's, twice (or more) higher than it is wide. Thus, for example, if your entry is 600 pixels high, it must be at least 1200 pixels long. Any entry that does not meet or exceed the 2:1 ratio will be disqualified.

CHANGED ENTRY FILE SIZE
    : As this competition is Panoramic's, we have also changed the size limits for entries. Your entry can be up to 350KB in size and up to 1500 pixels on the longest side.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in this thread. Do not discuss specifics about your or any entry, as it may breach the competition rules: Photo of the Week Rules
    Last edited by ricktas; 06-07-2014 at 7:21am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I say that as an extra rule... That the image is not allowed to be one image cropped to suit the 2:1 size limit.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    Can I say that as an extra rule... That the image is not allowed to be one image cropped to suit the 2:1 size limit.
    No :cause, people can stitch, or crop, and we have no way of knowing which they did. I could post three panos in this thread and ask you to say which where crops and which were stitched, and would you be able to tell? We cannot have rules that we cannot uphold.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what's wrong with spotting a good pano crop in a single image anyway?