Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Photobook options

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photobook options

Hi all,

I am going to print some photobooks soon for my family with pictures of my son.

What I would like to know is how many people use momento (http://www.momento.com.au/) or photobox (http://www.photobox.com.au/).

I want really nice quality books, in the past I have used snapfish and photobook express and been disappointed in the quality.

So does have anyone have any experience with momento or photobox, and know if momento is worth the big jump in price?

Thanks in advance

Amelia

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only used PhotobookShop and Albumworks. Of the two, Albumworks gets my vote. I think that choosing the best paper helps a lot although it adds to the cost.

Hadn't heard of momento, so would be interested to see what you decide.

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Mark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only used momento. Just about to finish book number 7. I can't really comment on the others as i have not used them and have not compared price. I have not been disappointed with quality or service.
    Mark

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark, when you use momento do you use the professional membership option or standard public option?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use momento for all my personal photo books......I have been happy with the service and all the books that I have done. Software is really easy to use and powerful. I don't use the professional just the regular.
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished my first book with momento & I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival .... hopefully in the next couple of days.
    I found the software easy to use and very adaptable, the whole process from start to ordering was good. I also didn't use the professional & found the regular more than enough
    I will get back here when I get my book and let you know how it came out.

Cheers Cargo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has any body used the "Book" option in Lightroom to create Photobook. I had a quick look at it and it does not seem that flexible e.g Have to use one of their many defined page layouts rather than just being able to place pics where ever you want. Also I think you are locked into Blurb if you want the book printed. Anyone used Blurb , and what quality are they ?
    The name is Brad ......

OMD EM-1, OMD EM-5MkII, m.Zuiko 12-40mm Pro f2.8, m.Zuiko 40-150mm f2.8 Pro , m.Zuiko 60mm f2.8 Macro, m.Zuiko 17mm f1.8 , Lee Filters

Mark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaClaire View Post
    Hi Mark, when you use momento do you use the professional membership option or standard public option?
    I use the standard option. I dont know what the difference is.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I tried using the lightroom photobook option. I found not being able to adjust the picture box sizes (to make them larger - i know you can pad them to make them smaller) far too limiting. Blurb seems ok for paper options and album price, but if your just getting one book the shipping is quite expensive.

the professional options in momento have more paper stock options etc.

I have decided to go with photobox's premium album as it has all the options i want (nice thick matte paper, and a presentation box), but works out better value than momento.

I'll let you all know the quality when they arrive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcys1961 View Post
    Has any body used the "Book" option in Lightroom to create Photobook. I had a quick look at it and it does not seem that flexible e.g Have to use one of their many defined page layouts rather than just being able to place pics where ever you want. Also I think you are locked into Blurb if you want the book printed. Anyone used Blurb , and what quality are they ?
    I haven't used Blurb myself but a photographer friend was extremely disappointed with the quality of her Blurb books. She used to use them all the time when she lived in the USA and loved them but the Aus version is rubbish quality (I have seen the books she made with them) and I have to agree. I personally would never use them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Momento for me. Friends have used some of the others, but I feel the quality of Momento is evident.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got to town to pick up my book from Momento .... and its great
    The quality all round is superb. I will certainly be using them again .... Well worth that bit extra

Cheers Cargo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay!

I've just ordered my first from Momento. Now I can't wait to get it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see so many recommendations for Memento. I saw examples of their books at one of the photographic expos and was very impressed. I think I'll give them a try too.
    Ness

Nikon D7000, Tamron 17-50 F2.8 XR DiII VC , Nikkor AF-S 70-300 4.5-56 VR
    Speedlight SB700

Photo Bizarro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't tried any others but I would recommend Photobook Australia. Have had 4 books printed with them now.
    My name is John.
    www.jrfraser.com