User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Post Processing Software??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Processing Software??

After having a look around I am still struggling to come up with a choice or need of post processing software. I am a mac user, so aperture is an obvious choice, seems to be great feedback around for lightroom as well. Maybe all I need is something like Picassa at the moment. What are people's thoughts around picassa. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have our own, albeit it basic: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...page=photoedit

The Gimp - free (download from the net)
    Paint Shop Pro
    Photoshop Elements
    Photoshop
    Photoshop Lightroom
    Aperture
    The brand based one (Canon DPP/ Nikon NX for example) Usually on a disk with your camera in the box when you buy it.

There are many others, it depends on what you want to spend, what allows compatibility for filters and plugins etc. Things like Nik Software

There are a myriad of options, but the standard seems to be photoshop lightroom or aperture, and perhaps photoshop elements or photoshop
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick, appreciate the question gets asked a lot. Might have a play with picasa for a bit and see what I can do before going for something like aperture. I like how it works with iphoto, that way I can keep both parties happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam, I don't suppose you are a student or a teacher in a public school? If so there are some ridiculously good offers on adobe products.
    Cheers
    Danny

D750 & D610

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam,
    IMHO one of the best, bang for bucks, processing packages is Photoshop Elements. It is not too expensive at approx $150 and will provide most of the processing power that Ptotoshop CS 5 offers. I have used Elements for about 3 years and am very happy with it.
    Just make sure the package your choose can convert the RAW files produced by your camera.
    Good luck with your choice and have fun discovering what you can achieve with it.
    Last edited by Darey; 10-06-2014 at 10:51pm.
    Cheers
    Darey

Nikon user, Thick skinned and wanting to improve, genuine C & C welcomed.

Photographs don't lie ! - Anonymous Liar