Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Question on Stellar x600 studio flash

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question on Interfit Stellar x600 studio flash

Im looking at purchasing a pair of these new tomorrow as they are going cheap 1/2 price (not the newer digital ones). Are they any good? and would 600s be too strong for a small home studio 3.4m x 5.5m.
    cheers
    Glenn
    Last edited by glennb; 27-06-2014 at 9:11pm.
    Cheers Glenn
    NIKON D610
    FUJIFILM X-T20

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming that you are referring to the Interfit range of strobes, yes they are quite good value because they at least have a history from their manufacturers.
    The lower priced stellar units are very much generic units made in China but that isn't necessarily a huge drawback.
    Current prices at a retail level are highish and if they are selling them for 1/2 price as a clear out they probably represent pretty good value.

600 WS lights are strong, if they are able to be adjusted down satisfactorily to lower levels then they probably will work fine in a small studio environment.

It is always easier to get less light from powerful units than to get more light from lower powered strobes ----
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Assuming that you are referring to the Interfit range of strobes, yes they are quite good value because they at least have a history from their manufacturers.
    The lower priced stellar units are very much generic units made in China but that isn't necessarily a huge drawback.
    Current prices at a retail level are highish and if they are selling them for 1/2 price as a clear out they probably represent pretty good value.

600 WS lights are strong, if they are able to be adjusted down satisfactorily to lower levels then they probably will work fine in a small studio environment.

It is always easier to get less light from powerful units than to get more light from lower powered strobes ----
    Thanks Andrew, yes its the stellar range and that link you posted is where I got my price from.
    Cheers

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up getting the Bowens Gemini GM400 kit, should suit my needs.