User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Photo locations in Picton/surrounding area

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo locations in Picton/surrounding area

Just wondering if any members in Illawarra / surrounding regions have any good ideas to do some night/astro photography around Picton or West of Wollongong.
    If anyone knows any parks/ public camping areas that might be suitable in that region for capturing some clear night sky I'd be interested to know
    I think Picton is far enough away that light pollution from Wollongong will not be a great issue.
    1DIII, 5DII, 15mm fish, 24mm ts-e, 35L,135L,200L,400L,mpe-65mm
    Film: eos 300, pentax 6x7

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The road between Picton and Camden goes over the Razorback Range. It gives you some elevation. There's a couple of roads to the left and right and a parking place on the main road.
    Look up Mount Hercules Road. It's probably been built out since I was last there, so try turning left instead onto Donalds Range Road. See were that takes you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark is right. Where Remembrance drive and Mount Hercules Rd is probably the highest point that you will get to. Slightly down the road towards Camden there is a rest stop which would be suitable for you. You can turn left up Mt Hercules Rd for a little more elevation but you will be on the side of the road in front of some houses.

The other option is to go about 20km's west of Camden and use Burragorang lookout. Should definetely get you away from any light pollution.
    Vince

Space; The Final Frontier

C & C encouraged on all images