User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  80
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Yummymummy (Kirsty)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congratulations Yummymummy (Kirsty)

I would like to extend my congratulations to AP member yummymummy (Kirsty). One of her photos went viral on facebook in the last 24 hours or so. Up to about 7.00pm tonight, it had achieved something quite amazing. It had been viewed by 1,370,000 people. It had 41,000 likes, 13,000 shares and over 30,000 comments.

The photo was a storm one she entered into our photo of the week #411 competition, where it made the finals: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...%28no-theme%29

I have not linked the actual photo into this thread as this forum is publicly accessible. The version on Facebook is watermarked, the competition version is not, and thus I did not want to re-post it into a non-member accessible Ausphotography forum.

Congratulations on your photo going viral Kirsty. 1.3 million views is mind-boggling.

Kym edit: Here is the image, only visible to AP logged in members...
    Photo of the Week #411 : OPEN (no theme) :
    Entry: 17145 - Voting Token: V580_0010 - yummymummy

Title: Mother Natures Beauty.
    580 - Photo of the Week #411 : OPEN (no theme) : --- Entry: 17145 - Voting Token: V580_0010 - yummymummy
    Last edited by Kym; 08-06-2014 at 10:09am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Rick, it's been a hell of a week, it really has.. I'm still pinching myself over the 1.3 million views, that to me is just astounding!!!! The support from people that don't even know me, the weather community, and the photographic community has just been overwhelming. I am just speechless, and we all know that doesn't happen very often
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy the ride YummyMummy! I sure would love to be in your shoes.
    Been here, not done that.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoPho View Post
    Enjoy the ride YummyMummy! I sure would love to be in your shoes.
    Thanks Jopho, Although I've had all these likes and comments and views on my photo, I'm not sure you would like to be in my shoes. It was shared, and has that amount of likes because for the past 9 months I've been on the receiving end of a cyber bully / troll. This is the culmination of the 9 months, and the result of the troll having my photo disqualified on a photo competition after claiming I'd stolen his photo and rebranded it as my own ( which is kind of ironic, cause that's how the trolling started, he stole one of mine and rewatermarked it with his own watermark.. the rest, as they say is history.) ..

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to hear about the troll, but, as JoPho says "enjoy the ride". Isn't it amazing how many people there are out there.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Axford View Post
    Sad to hear about the troll, but, as JoPho says "enjoy the ride". Isn't it amazing how many people there are out there.
    Thanks Steve. yeah just incredible really!! In the first 6 hours of being posted, the photo had had about 18,000 likes and comments on it. Pretty incredible! Just such a shame its not just for the image, but also for the nasty side too.. but hey, I'll take the likes etc! not gonna knock them back

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An amazing photo and certainly deserves the attention. Sad that the downside of social media is the jealous viewers who leave negative comments. We have panos coming up at our camera club and one of the members shared your photo on the club's facebook page. I'm happy if I can get 5 images to stitch well let alone the number you shot for that one plus Gladstone never gets storms like that.
    Glenda

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Lplates! you'll get there, it's all about practice. I've got it so that I can just stitch them now. That particular one was stitched by "hand" not automated, I tried the automated, and it just went skewed and wouldn't line up, so I did it by eye, and got it pretty much as it was in the sky.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've added the image to Rick's post, it's only visible to AP Members (due to comp system security)

Well done Kirsty -- one way to shut up a troll
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    I've added the image to Rick's post, it's only visible to AP Members (due to comp system security)

Well done Kirsty -- one way to shut up a troll
    Thanks Kym!! sure is, though he's having hissy fits this morning, cause he's the butt of everyones joke lol. *shrugs* he brought it all on himself!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about the downside YummyMummy...seems like it has had a just ending.

Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weatherzone on the comp stuff up...

Dear all

After much consideration and advice, Weatherzone has decided to acknowledge the original winner of the June photo competition, Kirsty Hellmech.

We would like to acknowledge that we did not handle this unfamiliar situation in an appropriate way and apologise for the hurt and confusion that this has caused all parties. This has also been communicated privately to both Kirsty and Marinka.

To be fair to both winners, Marinka’s image will remain for the remainder of this month. Kirsty will then have her work showcased for the month of July. There will be no photo comp in July, but will return for August.

We particularly apologise to Kirsty, congratulate her for her amazing photograph and thank her for her understanding and patience.

Finally, please be assured that we value you, our users, very highly and have taken into consideration all of your opinions expressed over the last few days.
    What really went wrong?
    • Kirsty submits an excellent image wins the June WZ Comp - all in good faith
    • The troll challenges Kirsty's image
    • Then WZ, rather than investigating properly take down the image - Wrong
    • What WZ should have done is ask the person challenging for PROOF of their allegation
      (i.e. Kirsty is innocent until proven guilty -- natural justice)
    • The proof is simple - the original images used to stitch the panorama; no way the troll could have done that
    • The a LOT of people blast WZ for being basically stupid by acting on a troll without doing some simple investigation first
    • If you run a photo comp you have to have a clue about photography - simple

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such an awesome photo. No wonder It went viral. Congratulations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glade this has turned out good for you. I was one of the "likes" the image is fantastic. Congratulations
    Barbara

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wandapics_photography

K-x. Sigma 18-125mm 1:3.8 - 5.6 DC HSM, Sigma 28-80mm 1:3.5-5.6 Macro, Sigma 100-300mm 1:4.5-6.7 DL. Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash,
    MZ-60. Adobe Photoshop CS2.

Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scores.... Troll - 0 <<<>>> Kirsty 1.4 million and counting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done it a wonderful picture and a credit you out standing work with your photography and I can see the photo counting in share and views as it is amazing. You should be very proud of yourself an not let the troll pull you down. congrats

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Kirsty, an exceptional photo and a great outcome, we are glad to see the good side of social media finally wins out although obviously 81/2 months late.
    Cheers Gayle & Colin

Give Life your Best Shot.
    http://flickr.com/photos/2blooms/

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful pic, and congratulations on the outcome
    Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats indeed - I personally love the image myself too. I need to start looking into doing some more panoramas...
    David Tran
    Sony a55
    Sony DT 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6
    Now sits as an antique as it no longer focuses properly.

Wishlist: Sony RX10iv (or RX10v if it ever comes out)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was one of the 1.4 million. I didn't clue who it was though. Congrats!
    Greg Bartle,
    I have a Pentax and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Pentax K5
    Sigma 10-20 | Tamron 17-50 F:2.8 | Sigma 50 F:1.4 | Sigma 70-200 F:2.8 Plus a bunch of Ye Olde lenses

Would you like to see more?
    http://flickr.com/photosbygreg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast