Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: buying online

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buying online

Hi,
    I hope I can ask this question in this forum. I just would like to know if anyone has brought cameras and lens through Cameras Direct online. I think they are in QLD
    Thanks Wendy

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wendy
    I have not of cameras direct, but I have had quite avfew purchases off dui which is a sponsor of the forum and good prices and I have not had a problem and if you buy of them rick gets a bit for it
    Macca

- - - Updated - - -

Wendy
    Not sure of cameras direct, but I know that dwi a site sponsor is good with there online prices and I have not had a problem and the site gets a small cut for advertising, you should check there pricing

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you macca
    I will check out dui.
    thanks again wendy

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought a few things from Cameras Direct over the years Wendy, including one lens. Never had a problem but I drive there and pick up from their store which probably isn't an option for you - unless you want a looong drive.
    Cliff
    CC always appreciated
    gear: 7D, 400D, 17-55mm IS, 100mm Macro L IS, 70-300mm DO IS, EF 12II and EF 25II Extension Tubes, 580 EX II Speedlite, Printers - Pro9500 Mk II, MX396
    Tokina 11-16 f2.8, Tamron 18-270, Vanguard AltaPro 263AT Tripod with GH-100 Pistol Grip Ball Head, Benro C-058 Tripod and J-1 Ballhead, Velbon Ultrastick 50LX Monopod
    LR5, PS CC

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought many things from them including camera bodies, lenses and flash triggers. Always found their service very good. Shop around though, my last lens was more expensive from Camerasdirect than from a traditional bricks and mortar supplier in Perth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Wendy, A little off track I know, but if you are looking for recommendations I would Recommend DWI for overseas purchases or if you wish to buy Australian than Georges in sydney is great.

I have no affiliation with either of these companies. I have used them both and have been VERY happy with both. It just depends what you are after. Better price or better service.
    Cheers
    Danny

D750 & D610

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for recommendations and experiences everyone.
    Danny I am looking for a good price but not to the detriment of not getting a good warranty. I did look at George's prices which were pretty good. I do like to try and buy locally in my home town but the prices are quite high and not a great deal of competition.
    The Nikon 7100 body only here is $1495.
    thanks again
    cheers Wendy

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Wendy,

I've just bought my second Nikon camera from Ryda.com. I've found them to be the cheapest authorised Nikon Australia dealer. Whilst they are not as cheap as the grey importers, it's nice to know that if you have a problem, and all makes of cameras occasionally have problems, you have the benefit of two years manufacturer warranty, carried out by properly trained personnel.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Wendy,
    I've bought cameras and lenses from Cameras Direct over the years and have been very satisfied. One body needed major repairs after it was severely stressed in bad Arctic weather but this was handled with no dramas through the extended warranty I purchased. They are within a reasonable driving distance for me but I have found that Photo Continental (an authorised Canon reseller) can often beat their prices on some products.
    However, depending on product availability, the Australian Dollar, time frames..... I've found it better to shop in New York (B&H). Using UPS it generally takes 4-6 days which is quicker than typical delivery time from Sydney or Melbourne.