Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Mackay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mackay

Hi All,
    Just curious if there are any Mackay locals on here as I am going to be in Mackay next month for work, and obviously taking along my camera. I would appreciate if I could get some heads up on good locations around the area for photos please. Not sure if I will have a set of wheels at this stage, but that can change.

Thank in advance
    Troy
    70D, 6D, 50mm, 85mm and 17-40mm. Lee Filters and Manfrotto Tripod
    Website
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Troy,
    Eungella is about an hour or so west and is a nice area with national parks and some farming area's.
    Eungella is where you can see the platypus fairly easily. We saw 3 in one pool at the same time. There is a gorge on the north side before you get to Eungella but its name escapes me at the moment.
    There are some nice river and coastal area's in Mackay itself.
    I hope this helps and you get no rain. I've been 3 times and had rain each time.
    Neil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what interests you but Mackay has beautiful Botanical Gardens that are worth a visit.
    Lesley

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch Hatton Gorge is the gorge north of Eungella. There are some beautiful sights around Mackay. Kinchant Dam is a good place for a sunset if you get there, it's just out of Walkerston ( If you get there, say hi to Laurie and Donna, tell them Kirsty sent you .. they're my Uncle and Aunt) ..
    you MUST try and get to Pinnacle for lunch at the pub, BEST pies in Australia.. seriously.
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, will take note of these places and try and get to them when I get spare time while there. MY only issue is transport at this stage, but I will definitely try to get out and about.