Thread: Ban or disclaim "Photoshopping" in the media [body image laws]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While advertising and parents may be involved, I think some of you are missing the point.
    Quoting some of Kym's quotes.
    "... Should the state step in and regulate the use of overly skinny models and rampant photo alteration in the media?...."
    "Research conducted by a lecturer at The University of Notre Dame Australia's School of Law, Fremantle, Marilyn Krawitz, published this week in the Journal of Law and Medicine, states that seeing digitally-altered images of people in popular media can create negative body image issues in young people. ..."

Body image issues are important to young ladies. The way the female body is presented in media influences how they perceive themselves.
    Young ladies are basing their self perception on something that is not real. It has negative consequences for some of them.
    And dare I say that this is something, for some reason, almost exclusive to females and how they perceive themselves via the various media.
    Some men may go fitter, stronger if that fits the image. It has less problems than what is involved in our young ladies body image problems.

But what would this bloke know about all this?
    And of cause I may be missing the point.
    Last edited by Mark L; 12-06-2014 at 12:43am. Reason: delete site double post