User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: New to photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to photography

I went looking in Melbourne yesterday with the intent to purchase a Nikon d3200. However when I got there I saw the d3300 and started thinking if that would be a better choice.
    Can anyone tell me what the main differences are? I will be capturing anything from landscapes, animals, aviation and people.
    A second thing that I thought is the kit lens. Is it worth buying the 'kit' or buy the body and buy separate lens? If so what would you suggest taking into account what I want to shoot.

Thanks in advance

Macrr

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the price difference between the D3200 and D3300? If it is <$80, the D3300 may be worth the additional spend

There's not much separating them in terms of specs. The main difference is the removal of the optical low pass filter, which appears to make very fine detail just that little bit sharper. The difference is likely unnoticeable in general shooting, but at least you'll know the performance is there should you ever use this camera to make large prints of some amazing land/seascape.

If you haven't got any Nikon lenses, my suggestion is to get the 18-55mm kit lens. It is sharp, light, and versatile. The focal range covers most types of genres. When you get used to it and desire something better or different (probably some time down the road), then you may choose to look for an additional lens.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find Thom Hogan to give a good & practical review of Nikon cameras.
    There is a comparison table in this review showing the difference between all four D3xxx cameras

http://www.dslrbodies.com/cameras/cu...00-review.html
    Last edited by MattNQ; 08-10-2014 at 6:49pm.
    Matt
    CC always appreciated

My Website
    A Blog of sorts

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know naught about Nikon!!
    Does either of these cameras feel more comfortable in your hands? It's not a silly question.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Ausphotography Regular richardb's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the 3300 and ask yourself: Do I need it, do I like it, can I use it.
    For the cam features check out the Youtube movies on that thing, to have sufficient info.
    The 18-200mm VR, I can recommend to you. This lens was my beginners lens, starting digital.
    Upgrades and increase ur lens collection is for a later concern, after few hundreds(or thousands) shots.