User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  80
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Yummymummy (Kirsty)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.4 million views is a nice outcome for an upsetting situation.

The power of the internet is it's openness. A sad consequence though, are those who seek attack or undermine others under the protection of anonymity.

The irony of my statement is that I've just realised I participate in this forum under an anonymous avatar.

Steve Bowater.
    “The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible” – Oscar Wilde

My Flickr feed: http://www.flickr.com/photos/100090825@N04/

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic photo and congratulations on getting so many views! The photo deserves it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Kirsty, not only for the image but also for standing up to this lowlife that resorts to stealing images and branding them as his own.

I'm assuming that the troll is not an AP member and if AP member tried this on he or she would be booted the moment the evidence was known???

Personally I'd like to see an image of the troll embossed with words like thief, which then went viral!

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for the support. The support has been incredible really. I certainly didn't think when I took the photo that it would go viral. Anyone who knows me, knows I will not back down.. I've been likened to a dog with a bone when I know I'm right. Sorry it's taken so long to get back and reply, the other unfortunate downside to this is the stress. Stress has accumulated and in the last couple of days I've had a massive seizure because of it. I have epilepsy, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, making it hard for my body to deal with the normal stresses that one would face. My body goes into " meltdown" has a fit, then the white blood cells decide to fight against themselves.. it makes it hard to deal with things in the normal way. Since this has happened I've shut my personal fb down.
    Again, thanks for the support, you guys rock, especially Rick, who's been fighting the fight with me.
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about the autoimmune stuff, Kirsty. Must make the troll doubly hard to take. I hope you can still take the good bits and keep away from the bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your photo appeared on my newsfeed on facebook in a share from my brother but I did not know you were the person subject to such nasty, spiteful and deceitful actions by this troll. So glad weatherzone acknowledged their error which would not have happened had they investigated properly. Wishing you the best in respect of your health concerns and hoping your stress is much lessened so you can continue posting your wonderful photographs. ((hug))

Nice also to read the troll is getting at least a tiny amount of the treatment it deserves!

Ready to Print
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great shot.

Canon user in training.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The storm creates a storm!
    What an interesting thread.
    So many things go on in a world that I don't know.
    Try and relax Kirsty. You can only deal with so much, then let the rest wash over you. Maybe go and take some photos in genres you're not comfortable with. Might take your mind of things and refocus it on "how do I get this photo?"

Anyway, as you know, a wonderful photo. You should be proud of it.

All the best with the health.

- - - Updated - - -

And Steve, you could have remained anon. as you don't attack or undermine others under the protection of anonymity here.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post

And Steve, you could have remained anon. as you don't attack or undermine others under the protection of anonymity here.
    Are you talking to me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Axford View Post
    Are you talking to me?
    No, Mark L is referring to bowjac's post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Allie.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, like I said, the support has been incredible. I'm having some time off fb for now. Just can't handle things right now. Anyway, off to the dr's this morning, fingers crossed!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not on Facebook, so no experience of it, but congratulations on the outcome.
    Constructive critique of my photos is welcome and appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck at the doctors Kirsty. I hope you feel better soon, after the emotional rollercoaster ride you have been on for the past 9 months.
    Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikira View Post
    Good luck at the doctors Kirsty. I hope you feel better soon, after the emotional rollercoaster ride you have been on for the past 9 months.
    Di
    Thanks Di, well back from the Dr's, not allowed to drive for the next 12 months, and am now seeing a psychologist to try and help me deal with the stress... when will it all end?! I never knew that people like him existed, and I sincerely hope I ( or my kids or friends) never EVER come across one in their lifetimes... to say it's been stressful is an understatement. Threats of violence, and death to me over the last 9 months have certainly taken their toll. I'm now a shadow of the former person I once was. Am I still going to stand up to him? you bet!!! If I back down now, what sort of a role model am I for my kids, showing them it's ok to back down to a bully. Rick has been amazing through all this, as has my good friend Jodie who's also had threats on her life from him, and the same pages etc made up about her. You really learn who your friends are when things like this happen, and I'm forever grateful to mine for being there for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kirsty, this harrassment is even worse than I had any idea of. I know that you are one of the strongest people I have met, so having affected you like this I shudder to think how it would have affected most people.

This ordeal will, I believe, make you stronger in the long term, and will teach your children and everyone who hears of this, to stand up for right and to stand fast against bullies, but it is something I wish had never happened to begin with.

Hugs to you as you work towards your ultimate goal, and I can't help but wish all sorts of nasty little surprises on this person.
    Karma is alive, and it will catch up to him one day soon, if it has not already.
    Di

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you want to see the sort of harrasment some of us have been subjected to, someone has created an entire website about this guy: www.jasonwattstroll.com

Go look at the gallery page, or around the whole site, to see what he does. He is one nasty bit of work. It is funny how someone can threaten the Queensland premier's wife on FB and get arrested (and gaoled), yet this guy can threaten to kill people, rape and burn down homes (and more) and the Police will not do a thing.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic Kirsty! This is a brilliant shot.
    Canon 60D; EFS 55-250mm; EFS 18-55mm; 50mm
    All CC very welcome. I'm keen to learn.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    If you want to see the sort of harrasment some of us have been subjected to, someone has created an entire website about this guy: www.jasonwattstroll.com

Go look at the gallery page, or around the whole site, to see what he does. He is one nasty bit of work. It is funny how someone can threaten the Queensland premier's wife on FB and get arrested (and gaoled), yet this guy can threaten to kill people, rape and burn down homes (and more) and the Police will not do a thing.
    I would have thought that he could be charged under the using a carriage service to threaten under commonwealth legislation, and a quick google found this.case study:
    A 19 year old male in Canberra used Facebook to threaten another man, that man’s brother and the brother’s girlfriend for more than two weeks. He posted comments on the man’s Wall, like “You’re a dead dog…don’t forget I know where you live”, and also made threats using Facebook Chat. The man was charged with using a carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence (section 474.17 of the Commonwealth Criminal Code 1995) and sentenced to six months imprisonment.
    So I wonder why something has not been done. People like you and Kirsty should not have to go through what he has put you through.
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agb View Post
    I would have thought that he could be charged under the using a carriage service to threaten under commonwealth legislation
    The problem is proving the posts were done by a specific identifiable human.
    Facebook are less than helpful.
    The police just say close your FB account.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast