User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  80
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Yummymummy (Kirsty)

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Axford View Post
    Are you talking to me?
    No, bowjac outed himself as Steve Bowater in post #21.

- - - Updated - - -

Bugga, should have read more. Allie said it already.

http://steveaxford.smugmug.com/
    About in the middle between Byron Bay, Ballina and Lismore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have read back further and I would have seen there was another Steve. Not such are rare name really.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Johnston View Post
    Fantastic Kirsty! This is a brilliant shot.
    Thanks Greg! I'm extremely proud of this shot. This was the one shot last storm season that I was the only chaser on the storm, and I got the only shots of it ( with a camera, not a phone.. there are a few phone photos floating around, but none like this). I chased this one on my own, with no help from anyone else, and I came up with the goods. I was on cloud 9 afterwards!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tikira View Post
    Kirsty, this harrassment is even worse than I had any idea of. I know that you are one of the strongest people I have met, so having affected you like this I shudder to think how it would have affected most people.

This ordeal will, I believe, make you stronger in the long term, and will teach your children and everyone who hears of this, to stand up for right and to stand fast against bullies, but it is something I wish had never happened to begin with.

Hugs to you as you work towards your ultimate goal, and I can't help but wish all sorts of nasty little surprises on this person.
    Karma is alive, and it will catch up to him one day soon, if it has not already.
    Di
    Thanks Di, yeah it's not very nice is it. And all because he thieved one of MY photos in the first place and I arced up ( same as anyone would really! ) I wish he'd just fall off the face of the planet. I'm not the kind of person to wish nasty stuff on people usually, and I'm not one to hold grudges and I've never hated someone in my lifetime til he came along... I don't like the feeling of having hatred in me, I feel weighed down by it all, hopefully something will be done sooner rather than later and karma will do something to him..

Quote Originally Posted by agb View Post
    I would have thought that he could be charged under the using a carriage service to threaten under commonwealth legislation, and a quick google found this.case study:
    A 19 year old male in Canberra used Facebook to threaten another man, that man’s brother and the brother’s girlfriend for more than two weeks. He posted comments on the man’s Wall, like “You’re a dead dog…don’t forget I know where you live”, and also made threats using Facebook Chat. The man was charged with using a carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence (section 474.17 of the Commonwealth Criminal Code 1995) and sentenced to six months imprisonment.
    So I wonder why something has not been done. People like you and Kirsty should not have to go through what he has put you through.

Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    The problem is proving the posts were done by a specific identifiable human.
    Facebook are less than helpful.
    The police just say close your FB account.
    As Kym said, it's hard to prove that it's not him sitting behind the keyboard. I mean if you look at the writing styles, and the punctuation and grammar, anyone with eyes can prove it's him. :-/ I think it should be the other way, I think he should have to prove its NOT him... :-/
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic image Kirsty and congrats!!
    Last edited by Kerry; 14-06-2014 at 2:56pm.
    flickr

C+C welcome and appreciated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who could expect anything less really. Congrats Kirsty.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fabulous photo Kirsty. Deserves all the accolades it's getting.

As for the cyber bully that tried to claim it as his work, just ignore/block the moron. He sounds like a sad excuse for a human being who lives in some sort of fantasy world of his own making.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post

As for the cyber bully that tried to claim it as his work, just ignore/block the moron. He sounds like a sad excuse for a human being who lives in some sort of fantasy world of his own making.
    And therein lies the problem, this troll keeps creating false sites/ FB profiles then posting that people are paedophiles etc.
    He is a VERY nasty piece of work.
    He is a lying piece of bottom dwelling scum. And that insults scum.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Fantastic image Kirsty and congrats!!
    Thank you Kerry!! I'm really proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    Who could expect anything less really. Congrats Kirsty.
    Thanks geoffsta!!

And therein lies the problem, this troll keeps creating false sites/ FB profiles then posting that people are paedophiles etc.
    He is a VERY nasty piece of work.
    He is a lying piece of bottom dwelling scum. And that insults scum.
    Thanks Cage, but it's like Kym said, he makes a fake profile and comes back again. Of the banned and blocked profiles on my fb and my photography page, 17 on the list belong to him, and they're just the ones we know about :-/ He's relentless.. though he has been quiet, no wait, I take that back, he might have been busy for all I know, I've since shut my fb down.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sad thing about this guy is that he obviously needs help, of the psychiatric kind.

The worrying thing is that he either doesn't know it, or won't admit it.
    Last edited by Cage; 14-06-2014 at 7:50pm.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sad thing about this guy is that he obviously needs help, of the psychiatric kind.
    The worrying thing is that he either doesn't know it, or won't admit it.
    He needs to be incarcerated for a long time, he has threatened serious violence including arson and death.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Kirsty - an amazing image. I took one just like it (OK .. OK ... it just had sky and grass in it ). Yours is an incredible image and the number of views is astounding. You're entitled to sit back and bask in the glow of success for quite some time!!

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow well done Kirsty, that's amazing. The wonders of the www and of course a great photo
    Ness

Nikon D7000, Tamron 17-50 F2.8 XR DiII VC , Nikkor AF-S 70-300 4.5-56 VR
    Speedlight SB700

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! I'm pretty proud of myself. Just keep thinking, if I can produce this with a crappy lil seqld storm, imagine what I'll come back from the states with next year

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yummymummy View Post
    ..., if I can produce this with a crappy lil seqld storm, imagine what I'll come back from the states with next year
    Well that will depend won't it. Don't get wiped out trying for the ultimate hurricane photo. Though ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been hiding under a rock and just found this...............way to go Kirsty. Amazing work.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Well that will depend won't it. Don't get wiped out trying for the ultimate hurricane photo. Though ......
    nah won't get wiped out. actually really looking forward to it, friends went to tornado alley last year and came back with some incredible photos, but they're chasers, not photographers ( cept one of them), they got some nice shots, but, not really sure how to process them... and of course, won't hand them over for processing rofl... ( who would right?! ) I can't wait. This time next year I'll be on my way home after chasing tornadic supercells for 3 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by leanneqld View Post
    I've been hiding under a rock and just found this...............way to go Kirsty. Amazing work.
    Thanks Leanne!!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to be incarcerated for a long time, he has threatened serious violence including arson and death.
    http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...617-zsap8.html
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what we're trying to figure out too agb... how is his life, more important than anyone elses... I mean, yeah he's the premier, but so what, he doesn't run a household, and look after 6 kids ( 7 if you include my hubby lol ) ... That's going to be my next argument when I take my police report in... There can't be rules for one, and other rules for another.

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way to go Kirsty
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yummymummy View Post
    That's what we're trying to figure out too agb... how is his life, more important than anyone elses... I mean, yeah he's the premier, but so what, he doesn't run a household, and look after 6 kids ( 7 if you include my hubby lol ) ... That's going to be my next argument when I take my police report in... There can't be rules for one, and other rules for another.
    I absolutely agree with you Kirsty.
    He is probably less important, he would be easily replaced. He probably could not look after 6(7) kids.
    By the way I noticed the other day that Dr. Bruce Flegg is very interested in cyber bullying,it just might pay to contact his office and talk to them there about your case.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast