Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: n00b question regarding the YN-560 iii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

n00b question regarding the YN-560 iii

Hi All,

I am looking at purchasing two of these YN-560 iii - http://flashhavoc.com/yongnuo-yn-560-iii-review/

But what I am wondering is, is this flash capable of triggering the second one using the 2.4GHz radio? Or do I still need a transmitter and receiver?

I have never used a flash before, but I want to start using a flash on the camera, and a secondary flash to light up some backgrounds (no line of sight, so it cannot be an optical trigger).

Any one able to decipher what is on that website and tell me in n00b English what it says?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using a flash to trigger another flash via radio signal and not the usual optical aye? Haven't heard of such thing, or maybe I have but don't remember.

Anyways, I don't own one of these, but I think the first paragraph gives the answer:

The YN-560 III is the latest version of YongNuo’s flagship manual speeedlite, and its the first all manual speedlite with a radio trigger receiver built in for firing the flash reliably off camera. Compatible with both the existing and very popular RF-602 and RF-603 radio triggers.
    Basically, they have a built-in receiver, so all they need is a trigger which you will get separately (unless you can find a bundled deal) to attach to your camera hot shoe to trigger the receivers, ie. speedlites.

With that being said, I don't see why a trigger can't trigger off multiple receivers at the same time, therefore not requiring to trigger one flash, and then that flash triggering the other. 1 Receiver should trigger them both.

So I think you should be okay, just buy however many you need (unless there's a limit to the trigger), get a trigger, and away you go.

The built in receiver of the YN-560 III has big practical advantages, because you simply don’t have a lot of extra pieces of gear and extra batteries to constantly transport, organise, set up and manage. That’s all built into the flash. So all you need is the one small transmitter unit to fire as many flashes as you like. Of course it saves money too without all those extra receivers and batteries.
    There's your answer.
    Last edited by bitsnpieces; 05-06-2014 at 2:48pm.
    David Tran
    Sony a55
    Sony DT 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6
    Now sits as an antique as it no longer focuses properly.

Wishlist: Sony RX10iv (or RX10v if it ever comes out)

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply!!!

One last thing, is this the only aditional device (the 2 x flash units included) you think I require for my setup to work? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/K1BO-Yong...02b6a64&_uhb=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that would be what you need - a YongNuo RF 603. Only problem for me, because I don't have this set, is knowing what the II N3 supports. I see YongNuo having the same item with 5 different names, listing all sorts of different compatibilities, but I believe some usually work with things not listed anyways.

But if on the eBay page says it supports the camera you have, then I would think this is the one for you.

Anyways, if you're not in a hurry, maybe just in case, you can wait for another to respond too to see what their opinions are - incase I'm wrong :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Hope it's not too late for advice

Like it's said before 560-III can be triggered via RF-603 radio trigger. The flash itself is not capable of sending out radio signal. So if you are planning to by two 560-III units you need to use separate radio trigger to pop them.

But instead of RF-603 I wold recommend two other scenarios.

1. If you really need to use one flash on camera I would buy one 560_III and one 560-IV. The latter is exactly the same plus RF trigger built in. The plus side is that from that you can also control the power and zoom settings of the slaves.

2. Instead of RF-603 go for YN 560-TX trigger. This allows you to remotely control the the power and zoom settings of 560-III and 560-IV flashes.

Or to give you most flexibility like I did go for 560-III, 560-IV and 560-TX. This gives you freedom to use flash on camera if needed and still be able to control the other. While most of the time I have my flashes off the camera and I can still enjoy adjusting my flashes without touching them.

And I almost forgot, the 560-IV and TX come with Nikon or Canon specific mount. Both versions will operate with any hotshoe just fine. It is just used for flash wake up feature.
    Last edited by oddo; 15-07-2015 at 4:31pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, have to correct myself, Only 560-TX has camera specific mount.