Howdy all,
Some time ago, I replaced my SB600 with the SB700.
The '600 (which I'd had for some time) had developed such bad corrosion on one of it's hotshoe contacts that it went from sometimes reliable(!?) to unreliable, then to totally unusable as one of the contacts failed to connect at all.
After researching a replacement foot for it, I decided to just 'bite the bullet' and replace it with the '700. Which I did.
Well, the other day I put the SB700 on the S5 and the same damn thing happened (TTL failed to operate.) Gave it a wiggle on the mount and it came good. Took it off to look at the contacts - same deal, corrosion on one of the pins.
I know it's probably my own fault, I'm pretty rough on stuff and don't look after my gear like I know I should. I can also think of plenty of times I've left the flash attached and in standby mode (overnight), which is most likely a great recipe for corrosion or electrolysis.
(So a reminder to those who like me, sometimes take your gear for granted - don't. Give it a good wipe down, clean it and look after it.)
I've given the contacts the once over with 'lectra clean', but I'm wondering what might be the best thing to coat it with to minimise any ongoing corrosion?
Has anyone else had this happen - or seen it?
Thank in advance for any suggestions.

Michael