Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Canon 7D info

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon 7D info

ok guys, i have a 7D . now when i turn it on the info screen on the back is blank, so i have to hit the info button 3 times to get this on number 1
    screen-rec-info2.jpg

then this on 2
    canon_7d_level.jpg
    and finally this screen

Z_0011.jpg

now my question is, how do i set my camera to go straight to screen 3 ( quick menu screen if you will) when i first turn my camera on?
    p.s these screen shots are not from my camera...... like id ever use those setting....RAW all the way
    long live

http://www.birdphotographyworkshops.com.au

Canon R7, and a lot of other bits and bobs

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can thank the Ken Rockwell 7D users guide for this information.
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/7d/users-guide/

Quote: "You can control everything from one tap of the SET button, if you activate this feature by pressing:
    MENU > CAMERA••••• (C.Fn) > C.Fn IV: Operation/Others > SET > 1: Custom Controls > SET > turn rear dial to highlight the SET button > SET > turn rear dial to select the [ Q ] (Quick Control Screen icon) > SET.
    Now when you tap SET, it wakes up a control screen on the rear LCD from which we can control everything with the dial, joystick and SET button.
    Once you get this screen, use the thumb button to drive around, and the dial to change the setting. If you need more details about what you're setting, press the SET button again, but it's not necessary.
    There's no need to press OK or DONE or EXIT. The instant you've changed something, it's done."

I use a screen like that on my 6D a lot, accessible from the "Q" button. So I figured someone must have worked it out for the 7D.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you have probably discovered by now, if you hit the info button 3 times, it will bring up that menu screen.
    If you don't hit the info button a fourth time, that screen will always come up when you turn the camera on.
    Easy Peasy - and a lot easier than that Ken Rockwell method
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, knew it had to be simple lol

- - - Updated - - -

hmmmi tried the dont hit it 4 times, left it on info screen, and it does go onto info when turned back on, but not every time?? sometimes goes back to blank screen

- - - Updated - - -

and i had already set my set button to Q menu, its strange sometimes when i turn on camera its on menu screen ( screen 3) and sometimes its blank and i have to hit info button 3 times to get to where i want.