Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon D7100

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you will be very happy with that outfit to learn your new camera. The 35mm f1.8 seems well thought of by those who have it, and will always be a handy lens to have in your kit.

Be prepared to be blown away by what you will see when you upload your first shots to your computer.

Good luck with your new learning experience.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that cage, im pretty excited mate ive got my first photography course booked and that's in 4 weeks, so I've got a month to learn my camera by myself and then ill get shown how to use it properly.

I was going to go the 50mm F1.8g, but I think it will be to narrow FOV for a day to day lens, so I think il stick with the 35mm

Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Also im going to buy a spare battery and a lowpro case for it... is there any other accessories worth considering?? Do I need lens filters, or protectors, cleaners, or straps etc etc.

Thanks.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UV and protector filters are a waste of money, IMHO, just use your lens hood.

A blower to puff dust off the lens, and my Nikon lens pen are always with me. A microfibre cleaning cloth is also handy to have as is some lens cleaning fluid to clean off pesky fly spots.

Oh, and don't forget a memory card. The camera doesn't have one included. I use the SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s variety. You will get about 40 shots per gigabyte so an 8GB card will give you around 320 shots. You decide on what you will need but I think it is better to err toward bigger rather than smaller. I often take 400+ shots when I'm chasing birds.
    Last edited by Cage; 20-06-2014 at 1:50pm.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well im a happy chap, just bought the D7100, Nikon 35mm F1.8G, spare Nikon genuine battery, Koya 52mm coated lens filter and a lowerpro case! Im over the moon, just waiting for my battery to charge before I can fire up the camera

I totally forgot about SD cards and your right the camera doesn't come with one, so il go out and by good SD card later on. Will also buy this Nikon lens pen too!

Thanks for your help mate, and id love if you have any more pointers.

Cheers!

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone interested - I am extremely happy with the camera, It is definitely a step up from my old D5000. The prime lens is extremely sharp and fast, the camera focuses and tracks very well.

Also bought a full lens cleaning kit on the weekend too, going to look after this baby for sure.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent - have a wonderful time with it and show us some pics soon!
    Pentax K-1, K-3 and some lovely, mostly Pentax, mostly prime lenses - DFA 15-30, 24-70, and 100 Macro, FA 31, 43, and 77 Ltd, DA* 200 & 50-135, DA 12-24, 20-40 (ltd), 15, 21, 35 (Ltd) Macro, 40, 50, plus a couple of manuals from way back and a few others for good luck.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I will mate, to upload photos do I have to copy the url from my own ''photobucket'' ?

Also what is the go with image photoshopping?? Whats the best / easiest program to use.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12