I'm assuming that probably is the main reason why the difference in diffusion between using the DIY softbox and the built-in screen diffuser was very little to begin with. I wondered about that, but wasn't sure how light would work with a design like this so thought I'd try and post up for some ideas.
I see the designs where they have a sheet in the middle of the thing too (which I can add if I wanted to), but would that make much of a difference?

Or should I redesign it so it'll fire into the softbox instead? Which then that would make the purpose of it all more for studio right? Or least to say, doing some fancy portrait stuff outdoors.

With regards to testing it, I don't know if I'm doing it correctly or not but as posted above, results are the same between softbox and built-in diffuser - so it's either my box isn't doing much, or I'm testing it the wrong way. I've just done random things I've read and seen to test, but wouldn't know if I'm doing any of it correctly, this "minimal exposure" thing - don't know what that is. lol

Because I'm not doing any major lighting yet, the box CandidTown is something I can save for later on.
On the more immediate scale, should I just stick to the built-in screen? Use one of those white cup diffusing things? Or get one of those portable softboxes?

Currently, I bounce the light a lot, I use the built-in white card thing, I also bounce off walls, was interesting in using these small modifiers to see how much more I can do with the light.