Hm... In terms of locale, I honestly don't know much... I don't even know my own city... >_>

I'm generally cool with anything, trying to be diverse, learn everything I can, so hopefully others will have some better ideas. lol

I heard those tourist trams do go to interesting places, but I wouldn't know. Though it sounds like this may have been done before.

But was thinking, why not take something normal and make it special?
Don't know if that made sense but something I did at Airey's Inlet on New Years was when I saw a little stream of water running along two banks of sand, I tried to make it look like a canyon. Found a rock, tried to make it more like a mountain, etc. Even if it doesn't look like the real deal, it was the fun of doing it and trying to exercise some creativeness in the mind, and also play with angles. Very much like those perspective photos we see.
So taking the normal, making it special.

I had some thoughts about some night photography, wasn't sure night in the city/town, or night landscape/stars. That will depend on time though - for me, I'm flexible. So depending on people's schedule and how long they want to be up for, that may provide some insight to where you may begin and end our journey since location will depend on interests.

So those are my ideas I guess - after some technical stuff to learn more about photography and our cameras, some kind of creative work for fun, and night work to end it majestically.