Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Melb/Vic meetup.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Melb/Vic meetup.

Going by the other time for a meetup thread, I guess I'll try to start up a proper one.

Once a date is settled on, I'll re edit the title to reflect the date of the meetup.

I'll throw in some possible dates I can easily attend, but by no means do we need to stick to these dates.
    We'll end up with an overall consensus for an equitable date for as many to attend as possible:

I'm free on the weekends of:

24-25 May

7-8 Jun(I think the weekend of Queen's Birthday tho!)

21-22 Jun

Other than that, I could easily find time to do any catchup later in the afternoon after work too.
    If I ever start working again soon, my work finish times will be roughly 3:30-4:00 PM, I'll be in the Richmond area close to the city end, not the deeper Hawthorn end.

Over the years we've made a couple of meets after work which seem to work out well.

Of course any meetup is going to be dependent on the weather too.

So post up some ideas for times, and locations and I'll collate them into a meetup.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QBW would work for me I think.....
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at the moment, I'm free everyday except Monday, Tuesday, and Sunday.

So 24th May, 7th June, 21st June, would be my picks, and any other day other than those I've listed above are good.

My schedule may change in the next week or two, but at this point in time, this is my availability.

But once again, 0402 506 665 is my number, just give me a buzz, any time even.
    David Tran
    Sony a55
    Sony DT 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6
    Now sits as an antique as it no longer focuses properly.

Wishlist: Sony RX10iv (or RX10v if it ever comes out)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at the moment, I'm free for the dates mentioned. I cam meet up with you. Just let me know where in Richmond to meet up. Thank You.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found out I can't do this Saturday 24th - I've got a conference to go. But nothing that I know of yet for the other days, so I should be good to go, hopefully.
    Last edited by bitsnpieces; 18-05-2014 at 8:29pm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queens Birthday weekend sounds good. Or any Saturday.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QBW sounds good to me if you don't mind a beginner coming along I only have 1 lens to playing with but would love to learn from the Day
    Using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You only need one lens Oz.
    With the likes of Arthur, Missionman, rellik666 and the others. You'll think it's turning coal into gold.
    Last edited by geoffsta; 20-05-2014 at 5:27pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok cool I then hope people don't mind me asking dumb questions to get my answes lol.. So much to learn and I'm so willing to learn..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry, there's no dumb questions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leave the dumb ones for me I got plenty.... When we do meet bring: Camera, tripod, maybe a torch, organise a spare battery. Bring your charger. (I have an 240 Volt inverter in the ute) Some spare clothes and wet weather gear. Oh...... And don't forget yourself.
    I'll bring some glow sticks for some slow shutter night stuff (If you want)

A royal pain in the bum!
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like Queen's Birthday (Sat 7 Jun) is looking the most likely date so far.

For the purpose of possible numbers likely to turn up .. reply with a post.

So far, I'm seeing Geoffsta, Ozzydevil, bitsnpeices, Roo, Spyro, AK83.

Once we have some numbers, we can try to organise an easy location that's suitable for the masses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally carry my gear in the car because you never know so I'm ready for June 7

Where did you get the 240V inverter from geoffsta? I'm looking for a safe one to use for my Hyundai Accent (I currently have a car socket extension where I get 3 extra sockets to use for GPS, FM Transmitter, and hoping 3rd last one for the 240V inverter - do you know if this would be safe?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    Leave the dumb ones for me I got plenty.... When we do meet bring: Camera, tripod, maybe a torch, organise a spare battery. Bring your charger. (I have an 240 Volt inverter in the ute) Some spare clothes and wet weather gear. Oh...... And don't forget yourself.
    I'll bring some glow sticks for some slow shutter night stuff (If you want)
    I have 98% of all stuff I only got the 1 Batt but so I have to fully charge it and hope it will last the time..

I will be on my motorbike so is there a chance I can leave my helmet and bag in someone's car please.. And what lens should I bring 15-55 or 55-300 ? Kit lens I was hoping to buy a 35mm F1.8 but might not have the time or money but if I do will that lens do ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not bring both? Never know when you want that wide, and when you want the tele

And no problems with the helmet and bag, I have a car, and I'm sure others do too
    Last edited by bitsnpieces; 20-05-2014 at 9:26pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bitsnpieces View Post
    Why not bring both? Never know when you want that wide, and when you want the tele

And no problems with the helmet and bag, I have a car, and I'm sure others do too
    Ok thx means alot to know my stuff will be safe if it gets dark I still hope my lens do good lol.. Its my biggest down fall with these lens in the dark lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you get the 240V inverter from geoffsta?
    I have a dual battery system in the ute, with a 3000 - 5000k inverter. I bought in case I need a powerful drill or grinder for work, and there is no power. I've always wanted to use it to run my strobe lights and smoke machine on a shoot. But haven't got around to it yet.

I also have a 600 watt one as well, that can plug into a cigarette lighter, if needed.
    Last edited by geoffsta; 20-05-2014 at 10:14pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cousin's interested in coming, she just wants to know what we plan to do so she knows if she'll be able to make it or not.

So yeah, June 7 is good

Any plans yet?
    She mentioned about getting a photo of the Ferris wheel, where the best vantage point would be, could be an idea.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good. I should be able to come along as well.

A royal pain in the bum!
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bitsnpieces View Post
    She mentioned about getting a photo of the Ferris wheel, where the best vantage point would be, could be an idea.

When the original wheel was built, I found the best vantage point in the Costco carpark.
    If the carpark is empty you can get an uninterrupted view of the wheel.

The thread is open to all suggestions as to where to meet, where to go, how long to stay, and where and how to end.

I'm thinking(out aloud) if we start at one end of the city, we can travel slowly to the other end of the city walking(meandering) and/or using the free tourist tram circly thing.

But so many other options to consider too. Mine is just a suggestion, and after so many other meets where we've basically done the same thing, it kind'a gets just a bit same'ol same'ol

Other suggestions highly recommended. bnp .. go for any suggestion you care to share.
    The main point with any suggestion is what do you care to involve yourself with .. street, plants, architecture .. etc. Of course without limiting yourself to just the one aspect.
    The idea usually involves a bit of walking around to investigate many different locations.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast