Hi, I am new to the forum and I’m looking for a bit of advice.
I currently use an Olympus XZ-1 and with it have learned to use the PASM modes a bit. Most of my photos are of family and some scenery/landscapes. When we joined the digital age in 2007 we bought a tiny Panasonic FX-30. We found that our success rate was very low, particularly in poor light. The XZ-1 really improved that situation plus gave us the opportunity to narrow the depth of field which we liked.
We use our photos also to make photo books as well as some enlargements and I’m now interested in upgrading to a camera firstly that has a faster AF response because photographing our kids is basically sport/action photography! A significant number of what would be our best shots come out blurred. And secondly that has a larger sensor.

I have looked at the Olympus OMD-em1 (with the Pro lens as I like the idea of having a larger aperture) and also the Sony a6000. The Sony has a larger sensor and more megapixels, but it lacks weatherproofing. I like the idea of weatherproofing but is it really necessary? We do camping/cycle touring but none of our previous cameras were weatherproofed. Also, getting a f2.8 standard zoom for the Sony seems to mean getting the adapter to fit A-mount lenses. Should I bother or should I just use a prime lens and make more effort to position myself for photos?

The Olympus has an advantage in that I already own an FL-36 flash unit which I have used on the XZ-1, and it also has the touch screen, but I wonder if 16MP micro four thirds will seem a little too much of a compromise in a year or two’s time.
Any thoughts, suggestions or other alternatives would be really appreciated.