Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

Thread: Melbourne

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Melbourne

Hi all , i'm off to Melbourne on Thursday/Friday as the better half hates flying and she has a work conference, so i said ( being a great husband) that i will fly down there to hold her hand, trouble is she has a fully booked Thursday ( from 9.00am- 11.30pm) so i just want to ask, good spots? city scape? .......cheeky beer or 10
    cheers in advance
    long live

http://www.birdphotographyworkshops.com.au

Canon R7, and a lot of other bits and bobs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Hosier Lane in the CBD for a look at graffiti. Then head up toward the museum. From there go East down the lane ways. More brilliant graffiti. Of course there is the iconic Flinders St. Take a tripod as it gets dark, and walk along South Bank. All the colours of the buildings are amazing. All costs zilch.
    Or you can do the tourist things. $$$$$$$$$$
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Think you need to hire a car and go to Bruthen for the day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul probably could come to Bruthen. (3 hours drive) just to go to the Bakery for the best pies and pasties in Australia. (Better than that Mudgee crap) But there is enough to do in Melbourne that doesn't cost a fortune.
    At night I think they still have the town hall all coloured up in laser light. There is quite a few free photo/art galleries around, if you look hard enough. Plenty to see and photograph.
    Last edited by geoffsta; 13-05-2014 at 10:16pm.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you up for a sunrise or sunset, Princes Pier is 15 minutes away on the 109 tram. Let me know if you need someone to direct you, I live about 200m from the tram spot so I can walk you there.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks all, ill be staying at docklands , hiring a car so travel isnt really a problem.Nice shot mission man....

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulheath View Post
    thanks all, ill be staying at docklands , hiring a car so travel isnt really a problem.Nice shot mission man....
    Cool. Docklands will have some nice locations around for photos, both daytime and evening. Do some searches for docklands and you should find quite a few options.

I'd avoid the car if you want to do the city, there is a free tram you can take. There are a couple of well known graffiti lane ways for photos along with the usual sites, yarra river etc.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got a car to do a bit of driving around, sunset, sunrise. then will be parking at docklands and walking from bar to bar..... i mean photographing from place to place
    Last edited by paulheath; 14-05-2014 at 11:26pm.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the car, do a short drive around the bay.. say as far as Brighton, Sandringham/Black Rock.
    Sandy,, is about as far as I'd recommend for the sake of something interestingly interesting.
    You'll know when you're in Black Rock, as you should see the rusting hulk that is the Cerberus poking out of the blue water.
    Weather is going to be very good(for a change) for about the next week(all 20's or so).

Head back towards Docklands/Victoria Pier and you're done.
    Last edited by arthurking83; 15-05-2014 at 5:35pm.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N