Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: WFT or EyeFi?

Lightbender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WFT or EyeFi?

Does anyone have any experience with either of these transfer solutions?

My understanding of the difference between the two is the WFT let's you remotely control the camera from a tablet or phone. It's that the only difference?

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant S View Post
    transfer solutions?
    The quoted words in my opinion represent a problem that you are seeking a cure for.

What is wrong with inserting the memory card from your camera into a card reader and shuffling the files to your 'puter that way? ( preferred option )

Failing that, what is it about connecting the camera to your 'puter via the ( I assume supplied ) cord dedicated to the task that eludes you?

If you want remote camera control the there are various software packages (some free) out there that will do the job without having to spend extra $$ on a card that is probably lower featured but at a premium price than the base cards available.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Lightbender
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at being able to remote control as well as transfer files to a larger monitor when in the field, not at home where my computer is. Transferring the files to my computer is not currently an problem I have, once I get home.

There are situations where I'm not in a position to review shots until I get home due to the lack of a way of getting the images onto a larger screen when out in the field. I don't own and have no need of a laptop, but do have a largish screen on my mobile phone and I do have an iPad, but both lack a compatible cable solution. Similarly the card reader option is not one that's readily available on either device.

If you know of options that will work without cables, then I'm interested in knowing what they are.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what camera brand and model?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Lightbender
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canon 500D

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ipad camera connection kit?

- - - Updated - - -

http://store.apple.com/au/product/MC531ZM/A/apple-ipad-camera-connection-kit

has both camera connection and card reader....
    long live

http://www.birdphotographyworkshops.com.au

Canon R7, and a lot of other bits and bobs

Lightbender
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks It doesn't look like it will allow remote control. Or will it with the Canon app? Certainly a lot cheaper than the WFT solutions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have not used EyeFi for remote control, but I did try it as a transfer method(tethering) for studio sessions.
    The transfer rate is painfully slow. 10-15 sec for a jpeg to show on the screen. Not practical for me.

If you want a good and tested method of remote control and fast tethering ... use the canon software.
    Connect to it with an active USB cable and you have a fast and reliable connection.
    Check the compatibility with your camera, but its a Canon own software, so I'm sure it will work well.
    “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" – Henri Cartier-Bresson
    **Commercial Link Removed by Admin**

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use an EYEFI card on my 1DMIV. I use it to transfer small jpgs to my IPAD in real time when doing any modelling photography. I do this so myself, the model and the MUA can discuss the shots just taken. A small jpeg will transfer in a few seconds.
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a EyeFia couple years ago. Mine always seemed to work for a little while then stop. Was more hassle than its worth to me so I ditched it.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.......

Dunno if I should ask here or start a new thread.

I would like some help in setting it up too.

Just so I can see what I just took on a big screen, and not be teathered to the 'puta.

I have the SD card, I have a wifi dongle....... now what?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you find a solution Mr Felix? I don't use Eye-Fi, but I do use Toshiba FlashAir cards. They are easy to "see" as Wi-Fi devices on my smartphone, laptop, and wireless router. I tend to use them when shooting corporate events so the marketing folk who usually hire me can see the images in real-time and upload to social media immediately if they desire. There are smartphone apps for iphone, Android, and windows phones.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

I have been swamped with other things and just got back from a bit of a break I do every year.

Now, I am looking for courses at TAFE (etc) and things like that.

I guess it has fallen a bit back on the priority list.