Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: Yahoo account required for Flickr

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yahoo account required for Flickr

I noted this morning that soon Flickr will only allow you to log in through a Yahoo account. At the risk of sounding like a "Grumpy Old Man" this annoys me. I have too many different accounts already. I don't particularly want or need another one. Looks like I'll have to change to Photobucket. I say Damn you Flickr!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is cause flickr/yahoo etc are all part of the one big company. Yahoo own flickr and tumblr and quite a few more.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are seeing the same "all your logins are belong to us" policy across the board as giant companies gobble up more and more of the Internet. Google want you to login and identify yourself to them practically everywhere you go; Microsoft do their very best to force you to sign up for a Microsoft account just to use Windows 8 (hint: you can avoid that; simply unplug your Internet connection during the install process); Apple do the same .... Welcome to 1984.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I fell into this one the other day. I tried logging into Flickr as usual using my google account, but then it stopped me and said that I needed a yahoo account. It is pretty annoying trying to remember how many accounts I actually have around. I guess I will have to make another one just to use Flickr. Sucks
    Cheers, Travis

D750 | Tamron 90 Macro | Tamron 24-70

flickr | 500px

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole time I've been on Flickr, since circa 2006, the sign-in has been with a Yahoo ID. It's nothing new. I've not been badgered into using any other Yahoo service. I did try Yahoo mail, but it was the worst thing ever.
    Gear monkey and proud. Brisbane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always logged in with my Gmail as I don't have a yahoo account. It did give you that option at log in, but it doesn't work anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been on Flickr longer than gmail has existed, so I never even knew you could.